LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

overheating

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question overheating

My husband bought me a Z28, we have it running but it has a overheating problem and we cant find out what it is. We have replaced the I.A.C, T.P.S, M.A.F, Fuel pump (but we used one from a corvette with the same motor and used a 89 camaro fuel filter) and a cold air intake....If you hit the throttle hard & quick the car tries to die out but if you ease on the gas its fine. We have asked a few mechanics and noone knows what to tell us...does anyone know? Also the windows wont roll down, I dont know where the relay is located at. I have had people tell me under the hood and some tell me under the center console and under the radio...PLEASE help, I want to get it on the road without breaking down!!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Teching In

alright well if its overheating either your thermostat isnt opening, your pump is shot or your extremely low on coolant. are the fans working properly? what year is the car? check engine light on?
Old 07-11-2011, 09:38 PM
TECH Resident

Did the windows not work when you bought it or did they slowly die out, or suddenly in one shot?

As far as the over heating, when does it do it? Constantly? when driving, when sitting after awhile or right away?
Old 07-11-2011, 09:43 PM

Try bleeding your coolant lines. thier is 2 flat head screws one the goes to the water pump right up front and the other one is at the front right beside you intake plumbing. fill your radiator, start the car, open the bleeders screws and let it bleed till it has a solid stream of coolant coming out.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Wilburn181
Try bleeding your coolant lines. thier is 2 flat head screws one the goes to the water pump right up front and the other one is at the front right beside you intake plumbing. fill your radiator, start the car, open the bleeders screws and let it bleed till it has a solid stream of coolant coming out.
This is a good basic thing to do first then see if you have further problems. Remember though put rags under the valves or you could be asking for more trouble.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02v8ta
Did the windows not work when you bought it or did they slowly die out, or suddenly in one shot?

As far as the over heating, when does it do it? Constantly? when driving, when sitting after awhile or right away?
we really need these questions answered in order to help out more. But at what temperature do you call it overheating?
As far as the window, its most likely gonna be the window motor, if its rolling very slowly. You can get one at a local autoparts store for around 50 bucks or less.

Quick Reply: overheating