LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Fuel Poring Out of Exhaust port

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 06:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula383
I couldn't believe it when Tony told me what happened. I'm glad you and Mike finally found the issue.
Well obviously it has happened to some people as stated here, I have never heard of this and if I did not find out I was going to post here for some help..Time is running out for us! Like I told Tony, My Qualifying might be the only track time. I spoke to Nitro Dave about the Single nozzle kit to help spool up the turbo but he too said we just don't have time, I just want my car there this time for a showing and be able to run down the track and have some fun
Old 07-23-2011, 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not that uncommon apparently I had this same issue with the stock one I swapped into my rx7. Never thought I would figure it out. Good luck Moe. Maybe we will see it at the shootout?
Old 07-25-2011, 08:19 AM
TECH Addict

This is the third time and I'm giving up hope again..Though If I get it running this weekend there is still a good chance. Any way, I'll be there to support Tony..
Old 07-29-2011, 08:20 AM
TECH Addict

Default Good News, So far

Well the shop fired up the car, and this time they let it run and get it up to temp, Gave it a couple of revs and said it idled fine and revved up nicely. I am going to pick her up this weekend, got to get an alignment, then put a few miles on the new clutch and the plan is to go to they Dyno on the 6th, Then start the body work and paint job. Time is of the essence now with absolutely no room for errors. Time has run out for the nitrous kit that I was going to install to help spool up the turbo and keep temps at bay, but it I can run her at the track I'll be happy. Keep yer fingers crossed and Hopefully this time Christine will be there is full evil trim
Old 07-29-2011, 08:45 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by moehorsepower
Well the shop fired up the car, and this time they let it run and get it up to temp, Gave it a couple of revs and said it idled fine and revved up nicely. I am going to pick her up this weekend, got to get an alignment, then put a few miles on the new clutch and the plan is to go to they Dyno on the 6th, Then start the body work and paint job. Time is of the essence now with absolutely no room for errors. Time has run out for the nitrous kit that I was going to install to help spool up the turbo and keep temps at bay, but it I can run her at the track I'll be happy. Keep yer fingers crossed and Hopefully this time Christine will be there is full evil trim
Congrats Moe!! Glad it is finally coming together for you!
Old 07-29-2011, 01:48 PM
TECH Addict

Default Dead

Well, I am not going to post anymore until the car has been dynoed, the shop called me and when they tried to move the car, they said the fuel pumps are dead now, their getting power at least past the relay to the pumps, Hopefully it just a loose wire, lucky I did the trap door mod to access the pumps..They are going to check for voltage at the pumps and go from there..Man this is getting so frustrating
Old 07-29-2011, 02:18 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I am not going to post anymore until the car has been dynoed, the shop called me and when they tried to move the car, they said the fuel pumps are dead now, their getting power at least past the relay to the pumps, Hopefully it just a loose wire, lucky I did the trap door mod to access the pumps..They are going to check for voltage at the pumps and go from there..Man this is getting so frustrating
Dont give up!
Old 07-29-2011, 02:51 PM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

check the grounds to the pumps............grounds always cause headaches........stay with it man persistance pays off!!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 03:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I just want to say thank you for sharing the problem and solution. Too often people post questions and never post the solution making the search tab really had to get good results out of.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
I just want to say thank you for sharing the problem and solution. Too often people post questions and never post the solution making the search tab really had to get good results out of.
I'll post back on this situation to see if anyone else ever runs into a problem like this, what the fix was. For starters, it is dual Walbro GS 340's running parallel and wired to both come on at the same time, I ran an Aeromotive A1000 for a while with no problems so I figured running the dual walbros should be about the same....
Old 05-17-2016, 05:34 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by taws6ali
Hey guys been looking everywhere I have a new upgrade ls1 to la6 parts can heads intake etc first time starting it and it's pouring fuel out of the exhaust almost caught on fire twice I need help swap thank you greatly
You should start your own thread in the LS1 section.

Quick Reply: Fuel Poring Out of Exhaust port