LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

new build problems, tps, voltage, ewp.. ugh...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 02:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new build problems, tps, voltage, ewp.. ugh...

so with my new build i'm running a double roller timing set and an ewp.

i had some voltage issues before, gauge would always sit RIGHT above the red, and sometime would start to dip down in the red.

had the alternator rebuilt for the new build, put the electric water pump on hoping everything would be okay. now my voltage is sitting in the middle of the red portion of the gauge and i'm getting two tps low voltage codes. i'm getting ~12.5v at the battery though with the car running, low, but not as low as the gauge reads.

scanned it and with the tb closed i'm getting .20 volts with it WOT i'm getting 1.39volts.

put a volt meter on the connector, the gray signal wire is only putting out 1.5volts with just the key on (ewp running) and 3.2volts with the battery charger on, key on, ewp on.

so my pcm isn't getting enough power?

what should i do next? in the past when i was having the voltage issues i upgraded the power wire from the battery to alternator and added some extra ground wires.

i want to drive this thing!!!!!
Old 07-21-2011, 04:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it was the map sensor...

wtf right??? lol my car always has the weirdest ****** problems... build thread to come shortly. love how this thing sounds, every single person at QT turned and looked when i pulled in! haha