LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

HELP 95 lt1 wont start

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011 | 07:19 PM
Teching In

Unhappy HELP 95 lt1 wont start

Hey need some help, my 95' Camaro wont start, i have found that my opti harness has no power when key is on but when key is off i have power?
It is a 95' z28 lt1 with a 4L60e and i have a painless fuel injection wiring harness. new opti, coil, icm, wires, plugs, and opti harness and i have checked all grounds. any ideas?

Last edited by TheOdgeMan; 07-27-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 07-27-2011 | 02:47 PM
Teching In

Question

no help?
Old 07-27-2011 | 02:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TheOdgeMan
Hey need some help, my 95' Camero wont start, i have found that my opti harness has no power when key is on but when key is off i have power?
It is a 95' z28 lt1 with a 4L60e and i have a painless fuel injection wiring harness. new opti, coil, icm, wires, plugs, and opti harness and i have checked all grounds. any ideas?
Probably need a little more info, Did it run before you installed the painless, If the key on and off power to the opti harness is backwards, then something else is backwards, meaning a ground and hot wire. can you check out a schematic and trace it down to see the the ground and hot are wired opposite?
Old 07-27-2011 | 02:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Check fuses, are the injectors firing? Fuel pressure?

Edit: Moe knows, just listen to him.
Old 07-27-2011 | 03:45 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by moehorsepower
Probably need a little more info, Did it run before you installed the painless, If the key on and off power to the opti harness is backwards, then something else is backwards, meaning a ground and hot wire. can you check out a schematic and trace it down to see the the ground and hot are wired opposite?
exactly what he just said ^........answer those ?'s and we can help
Old 07-27-2011 | 03:50 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the reply. The painless harness is 2 years old, the car has been running for the last 6 mos. I have looked at a wiring diagram everything looks right. the fuel pump does not turn on but if i put power to the test lead i have fuel pressure, it all started when my car died at a red light and would not restart so i unplugged the maf sensor and it started right up, i plugged the sensor back in and it ran fine for a week or two, i went to drive home from work one day and the car would not start, when i turned the key off the fuel pump continued to run and would not turn off, i unhooked the battery trailored the car home, and now the fuel pump does not turn on at all key on or off. I have good voltage reading at all sensors with key on accept fuel pump and opti harness and the check engine light on the harness does not come on. Oh and the opti harness has 2 volts on A and B pin, C has 10 volts cant remember how i tested the D connection. Could this be a bad Computer?

Last edited by TheOdgeMan; 07-27-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-27-2011 | 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TheOdgeMan
Camero wont start
What's a Camero? LOL
Old 07-27-2011 | 04:28 PM
Teching In

My bad LOL ...
I am testing some more things, The newest info is i have no power to the opti harness at all key on or off, I haven't been able to pull in codes i do not have a scanner. The harness was in the car when i bought it and the wiring diagram i have is not being very helpful, does anyone have a diagram to post that will be more useful?

Quick Reply: HELP 95 lt1 wont start