LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

leaking water?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 05:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default leaking water?

ok so today i finally got a new battery for my car since its leaving to the body shop i turn it on and seems everything is good until it starts leaking water but couldnt tell til i go near the battery and felt it leaking which seems to becoming from on top of the harmonic balancer........and it sprays out.... kinda like a hose is ripped or a hole in it but i see nothing wrong could it be the water pump?
Old 08-01-2011, 05:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a weep hole on the bottom of the water pump that will drip water if the seal goes bad, letting you know that you need a new water pump or at least a new seal. This hole is located directly on top of the balancer and opti.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mguidry629
There's a weep hole on the bottom of the water pump that will drip water if the seal goes bad, letting you know that you need a new water pump or at least a new seal. This hole is located directly on top of the balancer and opti.
thanks man doesnt seem like the water pump is bad cuz its coming out with pressure but i guess ill have to wait to fix that until it comes back from the bodyshop
Old 08-01-2011, 05:32 PM
On The Tree

and right now i checked the car is off and aint leaking so im guessing it is the water pump seal

Quick Reply: leaking water?