LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Leaving for the Shootout in about 3 weeks, everybody else ready??

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011 | 06:13 PM
10 Second Club

I'm way behind but still plan to go. Motor should be in by the end of the weekend. If I run into any major snags it's doubtful I'll get it fixed in time. If it goes in smooth, it will get tuned sometime the following week. It will most likely make its maiden voyage down the track at the shootout, and that can lead to some surprises, lol.
Old 08-09-2011 | 06:26 PM
10 Second Club

Cars ready still trying to get the suspension dialed it. Thinking about throwing in a new set of lifters over the weekend to see if it fixes my power loss above 6K.
Old 08-10-2011 | 07:52 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by joelster
I'm way behind but still plan to go. Motor should be in by the end of the weekend. If I run into any major snags it's doubtful I'll get it fixed in time. If it goes in smooth, it will get tuned sometime the following week. It will most likely make its maiden voyage down the track at the shootout, and that can lead to some surprises, lol.
ohhh mannnn lol.......good thing im bringing my camera lol........good luck joel!! Get er done!!!

Originally Posted by 96LT1355Z28
Cars ready still trying to get the suspension dialed it. Thinking about throwing in a new set of lifters over the weekend to see if it fixes my power loss above 6K.
if u want some help troubleshooting that PM me.........i wanna see everybody make it!!
Old 08-10-2011 | 09:13 AM
TECH Addict

One thing that you guys might want to keep in mind is that there is no guarantee that there will be an LTX Shootout next year.

Supporting this years event would probably help.......
Old 08-10-2011 | 10:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I will be leaving Thursday morning from SE Michigan with the boyfriend to be down there by midafternoon Thursday. I can't wait to see everyone again!

PS: Can I enter my cheeser GTO in the car show?! LOL... just joking. Hahahahahaha...
Old 08-10-2011 | 10:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GIZMO
One thing that you guys might want to keep in mind is that there is no guarantee that there will be an LTX Shootout next year.

Supporting this years event would probably help.......
X2! The more people that show up to this event the better chance there will be on next year. I look forward to this every year and would hate to see t go away. Hell, it will be the only racetrack my car makes it to all year.
Old 08-10-2011 | 01:48 PM
On The Tree

I wont be there as its just too far from me, but I wish everyone the best, and I'll be buying another t-shirt to help support the shootout.
Old 08-10-2011 | 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Almost three weeks left! I need to stop messing around. Mine is almost done but I still need to drive it a lot to make sure it will make the 24 hour round trip. I plan on leaving early on the 30th to visit my family in campbellsville, ky.

What's going on Thursday?
Old 08-10-2011 | 07:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
if u want some help troubleshooting that PM me.........i wanna see everybody make it!!
PM sent! Even if the car gives up on me I'm still going. I can always help with the staging lanes or something.
Old 08-10-2011 | 09:39 PM
8 Second Club

Wish I could make it, but my car has grown roots on jackstands in my garage for a year now. Hopefully it will be out in the spring. Then maybe I can come after Tony and Tanner!
Old 08-10-2011 | 09:48 PM
11 Second Club

as usual i left everything to last minute. but I'll be there. and mike wtf i thought u said u wanted to leave thursday morning? ur killing me man call me when u can and lets etch this thing in stone with our departure plans
Old 08-11-2011 | 08:20 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
as usual i left everything to last minute. but I'll be there. and mike wtf i thought u said u wanted to leave thursday morning? ur killing me man call me when u can and lets etch this thing in stone with our departure plans
oh yea.....lol........i forgot about that haha........gimme a call we'll figure it out.........ill still do something thursday night though lol
Old 08-11-2011 | 08:35 AM
10 Second Club

Pulling the trans back out this weekend to replace a defective slave cylinder. That leaves another 300 or so break-in miles to put on the new clutch. I'm hoping to hit the track next weekend if all goes well this weekend. Wish me luck. Whatever happens though, I will be in BG for the Shootout.
Old 08-12-2011 | 11:31 PM
10 Second Club

I will be down on Thursday afternoon for some pre-shootout festivities.

I haven't made any passes on the new converter so I hope I didn't slow the car down.
Old 08-13-2011 | 10:07 AM
TECH Addict

I am also thrashing, just got the car running, but still need to hook up the waste gate, blow out and boost controller, Had to replace the fuel lines, need to get an alignment and now my alternator is charging but not making the complete circuit, No charge is going to the battery but the alt is putting out 13.5 volts so?
Old 08-13-2011 | 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by moehorsepower
I am also thrashing, just got the car running, but still need to hook up the waste gate, blow out and boost controller, Had to replace the fuel lines, need to get an alignment and now my alternator is charging but not making the complete circuit, No charge is going to the battery but the alt is putting out 13.5 volts so?
Power and ground. Check resistance from alt case to neg battery. Then wires from Alt + to Battery +.

What class are you running with the turbo? There are not many of us in Extreme Street P/A. I was going to sign of for Modified P/A aswell, but don't want to put to much wear & tear on the car because I still need to drive it 12 hours back home.
Old 08-13-2011 | 11:01 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ralls
Power and ground. Check resistance from alt case to neg battery. Then wires from Alt + to Battery +.

What class are you running with the turbo? There are not many of us in Extreme Street P/A. I was going to sign of for Modified P/A aswell, but don't want to put to much wear & tear on the car because I still need to drive it 12 hours back home.
I will also be in Extreme Street, When I get home I will check those wires and hope I find it..Thanks
Old 08-13-2011 | 02:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well me n mike(Black94z28) are gonna be there Friday evening with my new gf so I'll actually be able to enjoy myself this year cuz I won't be trying to build the car in the parking lot hahaha n I just picked up my motor a little over a week ago so it will definitely be ready for next year. Probably gonna be in the E/S N/A and the E/S P/A classes next year. I plan on getting hammered n having a good time
Old 08-13-2011 | 08:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

We will be coming up thursday afternoon.
Old 08-14-2011 | 08:42 AM
TECH Addict

Default Charging Update

Talking with Tony Shepard about my charging issue he said that if the battery is low, the alternator cannot send enough voltage all the way to the back just at idle. Usually when your battery is in the front, it s the opposite. if your battery is low your alternator will show a high charge until the battery get some volts back in then the gauge will go back to normal. Anyway he told me to charge the battery and that should fix it, He was right, I charged the battery to full voltage, started the car and the alt gauge read normal, Thanks Tony, I was fearing the trouble shooting of a bad wire some where...Almost there!

Quick Reply: Leaving for the Shootout in about 3 weeks, everybody else ready??