LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 Help needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

so where are you on the troubleshooting?
Old 09-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by merim123
so where are you on the troubleshooting?
haven't got a chance to dig down into it yet..just know im not getting any spark ..plenty of fuel at rail with no injector pulse...and hooked a scan tool to it ..with no codes present...but as i said before..i have been getting off the wall reading from the scan tool with my tps sensor and desired idle... replaced tps and same reading..so thinking its in the wiring..... tps is reading 128 whether i have my foot off the gas or all the way value doesnt change...lt fuel is showing off and desired idle is showing 3800 something..while trying to crank and key on position ..quick overview of wiring looked alright from what i could see but obviously there is a prob somewhere... when the car did actually start it idles fine and revs fine..then when in gear and under hard accel it spits and sputters.. then when it dies it just falls on its face and cuts off ..not like running out of fuel but like loss of spark
Old 09-07-2011, 09:20 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you'll have a high desired idle until it starts. My logging software says the desired idle on mine is 3188 until it fires, then it follows the idle tables. I've never seen a table with that value in it tho.

I had a similar problem with mine last summer. I replaced the entire ignition system but the problem didn't go away. What finally solved it was replacing the ignition system connectors with new pigtails.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:21 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

also....did you reset your tps after installing the new one?

Quick Reply: LT1 Help needed