LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

What's going on, codes after my exhaust swap.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 06:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's going on, codes after my exhaust swap.

I was throwing 5 codes when i checked at autozone. Two of them appeared twice. Codes P0133 slow response o2 sensor 1. P1441 system flow non purge. and p0153 circuit condition.

I just replaced my 02 sensors with ac delco ones since originally it was only throwing a code for that. My pcm is tuned for not cats, egr or air. I do still however have the air pump and some tubing hooked up, i plan on unbolting that all during the hurricane in the garage Also I just welded and install E cutouts. Could either of these things be related to the codes? I cleared them waiting to see if they come back.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:34 PM
TECH Resident

And they're back. HALLLLPPP! the original code was o2 sensor bank 1. Replaced both with ac delco sensors. Now all those codes came back again..... Used proper 02 extensions.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:02 PM

O2 Codes aren't necessarily caused by bad sensors, an exhaust leak prior to the sensor (or close to the sensor downstream) can throw false readings when the reversion pulse in the exhaust causes it to suck in clean air from outside. Are these heated O2 sensors? If so, check a wiring diagram and check for voltage to the heater wire. The computer expects heated O2 sensors to warm up and cycle faster, which could cause the P0133/P0153 code also. If you have access to a scan tool, watch the bank 1 and 2 sensor reading when warmed up, it should cycle between about 300mv and 700mv. If they are cycling properly then I would definately go after the heater circuit, they may not be gettin up to operating temp as soon as the computer expects them too.

P1441 is a manufacturer code, relating to the purge system, check vacuum lines, fuel tank hoses, and the gas cap for possible easy fixes.

The air pump stuff is also a possibility. I'm not terribly familiar with your application, but I've seen check valves and solenoids fail on other systems and cause O2/fuel mix codes.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:35 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks so much Jeff. I'll get back to you. Also all the remains of the air system and pump are gone now & they came back but now I have a direction of things to look at.