LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Ltx shootout results?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys this is Tony with the Black SS. Technically its a Z28 but have the SS hood and spoiler.

I put a post up on LTX forums and thought i'd come by here.

First off great group of guys and i'm glad I met a few of you and wish I had more time to talk to you guys. I almost didn't make it down as I had a wheel bearing fail 45 min away from the track.

Literally got there and made a quick rush test pass and went 10.66 at almost 132 with a horrible 60 ft rushing right off the trailer.

That was my problem the whole day trying to hook as most of you experienced. Couldn't get a good qualifying round but did well during the eliminations but still 60ft sucked.

Wish we could run ET Drags but that's the rules.

Anyway great time and can't wait for next year.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
We were top qualifier in ES PA: 10.61 with a 1.41 60'
Great 60' you had.

Usually I run in the low 1.4's and have gone a best of 1.38 but that's on ET Drags.

It was too hot and I couldn't get it to hook as my best 60' was in the mid 1.6's.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Guys! Yes we showed up to the first one and were lucky enough to help sponsor the event and give away door prizes and key tags.

It will be tough but I REALLY want to go. We hurt the 6.6l LT4 in the Nova so that was a bust. We will be looking for a sponsor to help cover the $1,800 fuel cost to get there and back. We will also have to close the shop for almost two weeks for the travel time and that hurts to.

Nitro Dave called me friday night giving me crap ...knowing full well he still has my intake LOL!

What happen to Chris? I was hoping to see the TT terror ripping up numbers!
Old 09-06-2011, 04:15 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LT1TONY_
Great 60' you had.

Usually I run in the low 1.4's and have gone a best of 1.38 but that's on ET Drags.

It was too hot and I couldn't get it to hook as my best 60' was in the mid 1.6's.
I have gone low 1.3s on QTP Hoosiers you should try a set!
Old 09-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Teching In

We were the green third gen. I was the tall guy sweating my *** off with the black "yellowbullet" shirt on.

Ty Tech was the silver third gen

Tony was the black SS

Just a flat out GREAT group of guys in that class! I think my guy in the green 3rd gen is hooked....we will be back with a gun instead of a knife next time....haha
Ty is the silver third gen I raced in the Semi? That was a great, close race I thought. Anybody have that on video?

Is Brian the 3rd gen convertible owner I raced in the finals?
Old 09-06-2011, 04:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Tony good to see ya on here. Nice meeting ya and the car worked great for the conditions.

Ellis he is a 6spd car. 1.38 is awesome and in Taners range
Old 09-06-2011, 04:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LT1TONY_
Ty is the silver third gen I raced in the Semi? That was a great, close race I thought. Anybody have that on video?

Is Brian the 3rd gen convertible owner I raced in the finals?
Hey Tony, yes thats me, nice meeting you and congrats. Good race there in the finals!
Old 09-06-2011, 04:51 PM
10 Second Club

Here is a video of final round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZNhl...e_gdata_player
Old 09-06-2011, 06:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Hey Tony good to see ya on here. Nice meeting ya and the car worked great for the conditions.

Then he DEFINATELY needs them QTPs plus tubes FTW!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Teching In

Hi Mike,

It was very nice to meet you too and I'm sure i'll see you around maybe at 41. My car was definitely off its mark but at least it was still trapping good in the heat which I was happy about. That is the hottest race i've ever attended.
Hopefully next year it will be a lot cooler.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Then he DEFINATELY needs them QTPs plus tubes FTW!
I might have to try them. Then again it was so hot and bald spots on the track not sure anyone hooked really well that day. The track temp was insane.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:10 PM
11 Second Club

It was literally HOT AS HELL. lol
Tony Ill def try and get to a SCC or 2 by the end of the season. I had QTPs but didnt run tubes and hated them. Think tubes would be that much better?
Old 09-06-2011, 06:22 PM
10 Second Club

adding tubes makes them a stiff wall tire and seems to work best on stick cars

I am going to tubes mainly because I can not afford double bead locks and I am tired of ripping the beads off the tires with screws
Old 09-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 3rdgenvert
Hey Tony, yes thats me, nice meeting you and congrats. Good race there in the finals!
Hey Brian,

Nice to have met you and great final race!! Very nice car!!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Teching In

adding tubes makes them a stiff wall tire and seems to work best on stick cars

I am going to tubes mainly because I can not afford double bead locks and I am tired of ripping the beads off the tires with screws
I've always ran stiff wall tires on my 6 speed but I took my ET Drag tires off of my '69 Camaro as I wanted to try a different combination and I experimented with the stiff vs non stiff. I've come to the conclusion and went faster on a non stiff wall ET Drag testing at the same track I always go too. Went 1.38 on non stiff wall tires with no tubes.

Each combination is different for everyone but those were my results. Best 60' on stiff wall were 1.42. compared to a non stiff wall with 1.38.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 3rdgenvert
Thanks for posting the video!!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:37 PM
11 Second Club

Brain put your top back on now please. lol
Old 09-06-2011, 07:16 PM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Brain put your top back on now please. lol
hahahaha i heard skizzy say that too........."would the owner of the green 3rd gen please put your top back on!!! thank you..."

good stuff good stuff.......i cant wait till next year!!
Old 09-06-2011, 09:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GIZMO
The Street Stock went pretty well. I will post up my thoughts when I have time to go through all of my notes. There were a couple of guys that asked me how much cam they could get away with (they chose not to enter...).
how much cam they could get away with? didnt we deciede you needed to run a bone stock lt1 cam? i'd like to keep this class a bolt on only class as much as possible rather then a stock internals class to be honest. encourages the street cars to enter and keeps away the stockers.

FWIW--> Our car was sporting a Bone Stock LT1 with a GMPP hotcam and a plate 200 hit. Dead stock otherwise. That 10.61 was ALL 60'. I dont even think it pulled 120mph on that pass, haha. I think the car ran 12.5 on the n/a pass we made in the morning. It was good for about 275-280 to the tire on motor, lololol. That LT1 was like the little engine that could though! I'm an LS guy, but we love love love throwing the coal at Brian's green vert and will probably bring a turbo 3rd gen next year too...

Now.....on to the mad scientist lair for the new bullet to go in the car next year...haha
ahhh i wish i got to run you N/A in time trials! would of been a good race a hotcammed car tuned for spray against a bolt on only car!

Originally Posted by Shon Herron
Was there with vtec and was the only dude there with a grey Herron Performance shirt on.
I didnt get out much, it was too hot to be running around....
it was fun and we have plans on next year!
ah man did we talk at all? legit you were the one guy i wanted to meet the entire day i just thought u ended up not coming.. and what happened i thought u were going to run the scales?

been looking up to u for a long time thx for all the advice and parts man. i've tried to soak up as much knowledge from you over the years. how'd i do? lol

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
yea!!!!!!! i cant wait for next year.........im just hoping its still in BG or somewhere closer to me.........im already a 18 hour drive away....
same here man me and u came the furthest 18 hours me about 20 hours.

Thanks Guys! Yes we showed up to the first one and were lucky enough to help sponsor the event and give away door prizes and key tags.

It will be tough but I REALLY want to go. We hurt the 6.6l LT4 in the Nova so that was a bust. We will be looking for a sponsor to help cover the $1,800 fuel cost to get there and back. We will also have to close the shop for almost two weeks for the travel time and that hurts to.

Nitro Dave called me friday night giving me crap ...knowing full well he still has my intake LOL!

What happen to Chris? I was hoping to see the TT terror ripping up numbers!
i hear ya on the fuel costs it costed me about $1,000 in fuel and im just a recent college graduate with noo $$ it sux but it was one thing i have always wanted to do! and it was well worth all the money in the world!
Old 09-06-2011, 09:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Next year we should get name tags!

Quick Reply: Ltx shootout results?