Cooling Hose Set?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 06:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by 02v8ta
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GTR-5006/?rtype=10

????????

Edit: I am kinda curious though the work needed to replace it all, i've thought about it especially since it seems like i might be looking at a heater core replacement. You have to cut the factory crimps i assume? What do i use to replace them?
http://shbox.com/1/heater_hose_repair.html
Old 09-06-2011, 08:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shbox
you've just been shoeboxed!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:59 AM
TECH Resident

thanks again shbox! Get the smiley already !
Old 09-06-2011, 02:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts

LOL and it was just recently added to the site. Got tired of answering that question without pictures.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Excellent procedure and pictures, "shbox".

My one suggestion, would be to use the Gates "heat shrink" hose clamps. I recently installed a set of silicone heater/radiator hoses on my Corvette, and used the gates clamps. They're cool!
Old 09-07-2011, 02:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
Excellent procedure and pictures, "shbox".

My one suggestion, would be to use the Gates "heat shrink" hose clamps. I recently installed a set of silicone heater/radiator hoses on my Corvette, and used the gates clamps. They're cool!

Be careful with those silicon hoses. It is a known fact that water can permiate silicon over time. Be sure to only top up with water, not water/antifreeze mix.

Nice video on the Gates clamps and silicon hose:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH1po8kP9c8
Old 09-07-2011, 02:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 95 TA - The Beast
Be careful with those silicon hoses. It is a known fact that water can permiate silicon over time. Be sure to only top up with water, not water/antifreeze mix.

Nice video on the Gates clamps and silicon hose:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH1po8kP9c8

How are you going to use just water, on a street driven car?? I seem to recall seeing a tech article stating that Gates developed these "shrink clamps" to work with silicone hoses on HD diesel trucks, trucks that are driven in all temperatures, including temperatures that would require anti-freeze....
Old 09-07-2011, 03:22 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
How are you going to use just water, on a street driven car?? I seem to recall seeing a tech article stating that Gates developed these "shrink clamps" to work with silicone hoses on HD diesel trucks, trucks that are driven in all temperatures, including temperatures that would require anti-freeze....

No, you misunderstood... You use water/coolant to fill, but once it is done, when you check it in 6 months or so, don't add a water/coolant mix, just top it up with straight water. That is all that is meant.

Watch the video, they explain it as well... Basically the coolant won't permiate teh way water will, thus you get a higher concentration of coolant to water when the levels drop. That is all.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:24 PM

Default Hi Miler hose kit for 94 Formula Firebird

Hi my name is Larry and I am new to LS1TECH. My vehichle is a 1994 Formula Trans Am. Have used your site a lot and decided to join. I am 60 years old and well past the age of racing but still feel the need for speed once and awhile so I am resurrecting my 94 Formula It is stock and will stay that way. Plenty fast enough for me.

I am looking at changing all of my hoses and am interested in a Hi Miler radiator hose kit. Problem is I can't find one for the 94 model year and am a little tired of looking. Can anyone out there help me locate this kit?

One more question.
I have always thought my Bird was a 1994 model. In the glove box that came with the car is the owners manual and it says 1995 on the cover? Anyone know the difference from 1994 and 1995. This might also help in locating the hose kit that I am trying to find.

Thanks in advance
Larry Anderson
Old 01-03-2013, 01:24 PM
TECH Addict

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Goodyear-500...ea7ed1&vxp=mtr
Old 01-03-2013, 05:31 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Hello HondaLarry and welcome to LS1tech!

SEARCH will be your best friend around here.

Feel free to start a new thread rather than posting a question on a thread that's as old as this one is.

The kit linked by our friend djjab57 is the kit for you. I think it has one or two items slightly different and you may have a few parts left over but it'll do what you want.

The heater hose set is generally not serviceable because the hoses are crimped onto the tubes as shown in the diagram above. I'm not sure if this kit retains the fender mounted tubing or eliminates it. If it retains the tubes, you'll need to cut off the crimped fittings.

Summit lists the same Goodyear 5006 kit for $120.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 110 Likes on 86 Posts

Years ago I bought that kit and returned it. Decided to purchase the complete heater hose assy from the dealer rather than cutting up everything. Time is money.

Quick Reply: Cooling Hose Set?