LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 Engine Mounts for 63 Impala help

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 Engine Mounts for 63 Impala help

I know I might catch some flack over this but I'm dropping my LT1 in to my 63. Just trying to find some engine mounts that are made for this swap. i have ssen this done for years but cant seem to find the mounts the LT1 is out of a 95 fbody and a OBD2. Any help would be grate.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If the engine and harness came from a 95 its obd1, and has an obd2 connector in the dash. 96+ have obd2.

That will save you some major headaches if you go to tune or scan it.

I have no idea about the motor mounts tho, so, hopefully someone else will chime in.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 63Belair
I know I might catch some flack over this but I'm dropping my LT1 in to my 63. Just trying to find some engine mounts that are made for this swap. i have ssen this done for years but cant seem to find the mounts the LT1 is out of a 95 fbody and a OBD2. Any help would be grate.
I would expect that for a swap of that caliber you are able to weld or have someone who can weld for you. I'm sure you can make something work - shouldn't be too hard.

Originally Posted by ZFreie
If the engine and harness came from a 95 its obd1, and has an obd2 connector in the dash. 96+ have obd2.

That will save you some major headaches if you go to tune or scan it.
Where did he ask about this?
Old 01-02-2013, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 63Belair
LT1 is out of a 95 fbody and a OBD2. Any help would be grate.
Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Where did he ask about this?
He didn't directly ask, but he stated it was from a 95 and was obd2, was just informing him that it might not be obd2 ifs its a 95 pcm.

He didn't give many details about the build, so, I was just throwing some info out there pertaining to lt1s and obd cause it was in his OP.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The OBD1 vs OBD2 info was good to give him since he had it wrong.

Far as the mounts you only need an LT1 specific mount if you want working AC. If you are doing it without AC then regular sbc mounts work. The LT1 AC compressor uses one of the traditional mount to block bolt locations for the rear of the AC compressor and has the block mount rotated rearward and upside down to accommodate that. leave off the AC and it just needs regular mounts
Old 01-02-2013, 09:31 PM
Teching In

after reading these reply's i jumped up and took off into my shop. I checked my paper work on the Camero and i was right mine was built in the 7th month of 95 with obd2 and i have already had the computer flashed for the procharger that was on it in the camero as well as the hyper-tech programmer where all ordered for the Obd2 and was very strong till someone hit it and totaled it out. I then grabbed the mounts off my old 87 TBI c10 and the mounts will not match up on the regular forward three holes the lt1 and vortech mounts are smaller than the 87. so it looks like i will be ordering a set for a 88 or newer 5.7 block mounts or fabbing up as set so I can later add the A/C to the car
Old 01-03-2013, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Like someone mentioned above, if you are not keeping the AC in it's stock location, all you need to do is use stock small block chevy frame stands and engine mounts from any 59-64 Impala, BelAir, or Biscayne. If you want to keep AC, the easiest way to do it is to use an AC delete pulley in the stock AC location and get a bracket that relocates your AC compressor up high. I have seen them on Ebay alot.
I've owned my 61 for nearly 25 years now....and had several other "X-frame" cars too so I know them better than most on here probably. PM me when you get ready to upgrade your suspension for the new power you'll have.

Quick Reply: LT1 Engine Mounts for 63 Impala help