LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Thank You LTX Community

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 06:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol no the car and tbss were not mine but were a buddies I have the same truck in white tho and thanks for helping push it
Old 09-05-2011, 06:09 PM
10 Second Club

It was nice meeting you Tony and again congrats on your win. I had a great time as always.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good to see the shootout was a good time. I would have liked to make it to one but I no longer have a LT1.

You never heard of Quaker Steak and Lube?!
Old 09-05-2011, 11:36 PM
On The Tree

I had a great time at the shoot out! I have a lot of great video of our cars making passes. I have the finals as well. Just need a few days to chop up the tape. I was so exhausted after pulling the all nighter + the drive, but it was worth it. The shootout really is a special time and place
Old 09-06-2011, 07:52 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

couldn't have said it better myself tony!!! I had an absolute blast at the shootout this year, the people absolutly make the event. Had a ton of fun and enjoyed metting everybody and putting the faces to the names. This weekend really shows how the true LTX community is and we are by far the coolest and most fun group of plain ole good people around. And Tony I'm real proud of ya buddy you worked hard on that car and for this trip to make it happen and did some great driving at the lights!! (better than me just ask daren lol)........

so ill say my personal thanks to the entire Ltx crew that made all this happen as well as all of my friends old and new that i saw this weekend!! i cant wait till next year!!

good luck to everyone!!! and ill see a few of you down in cecil county md later this fall hopefully
Old 09-06-2011, 07:53 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by BADHAWK51
It was nice meeting you Tony and again congrats on your win. I had a great time as always.
congrats on the win!!! two years in a row for both of us!!! yeeaaa!!
Old 09-06-2011, 09:17 AM
Village Troll

Received 539 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by 96TransAmboosted
... i was the 7ft tall guy...
Good Lord, how does your back survive working under a hood?
Old 09-06-2011, 10:23 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the kind words, Tony

It was great meeting yall, and congrats again on the win. I can't wait till next year
Old 09-06-2011, 11:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tony, I was very happy for you. Your enthusiasm and kindness towards the LTx community is what we all need to keep this alive! I was so happy to finally be able to meet you and see your Camaro as well.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chased
Lol no the car and tbss were not mine but were a buddies I have the same truck in white tho and thanks for helping push it
no problem! that car was beautiful!

Congrats on your win! I freakin loveddd your car lol and loved when i first met u at the car show it was hilarious! lol how r those hoosier DR's sticking for you? im thinking about going with them next season

Originally Posted by fergymoto
Good to see the shootout was a good time. I would have liked to make it to one but I no longer have a LT1.

You never heard of Quaker Steak and Lube?!
No we never heard of it, we legit thought it was a lube shop when we got off the highway lol place was awesome! literally dragster hanging fromt he ceiling!

Originally Posted by SS Aleks
I had a great time at the shoot out! I have a lot of great video of our cars making passes. I have the finals as well. Just need a few days to chop up the tape. I was so exhausted after pulling the all nighter + the drive, but it was worth it. The shootout really is a special time and place
sweet man cant wait to see em!

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
couldn't have said it better myself tony!!! I had an absolute blast at the shootout this year, the people absolutly make the event. Had a ton of fun and enjoyed metting everybody and putting the faces to the names. This weekend really shows how the true LTX community is and we are by far the coolest and most fun group of plain ole good people around. And Tony I'm real proud of ya buddy you worked hard on that car and for this trip to make it happen and did some great driving at the lights!! (better than me just ask daren lol)........

so ill say my personal thanks to the entire Ltx crew that made all this happen as well as all of my friends old and new that i saw this weekend!! i cant wait till next year!!

good luck to everyone!!! and ill see a few of you down in cecil county md later this fall hopefully
thx mike! man i had a blast with you and your father. we got to chill soon! I was VERY surprised at my pro tree lights. i shallow staged and got a .200 light with a 273rwhp car!

Originally Posted by Colin91Z
Thanks for the kind words, Tony

It was great meeting yall, and congrats again on the win. I can't wait till next year
Thanks again colin! i know you and your boys from Kansas will be bringing the heat next year! that red 3rd gen is going to be scary when its all done and tuned up!

Originally Posted by ZGOBYBY
Tony, I was very happy for you. Your enthusiasm and kindness towards the LTx community is what we all need to keep this alive! I was so happy to finally be able to meet you and see your Camaro as well.
Thanks! Yeah i LOVEEEEE this i get so pumped up about it lol. i really want this event to be a hit for years to come. i could see us doubling the amount of racers in the coming years if we can market it correctly! I hope to be more involved for next year's shootout in that.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Teching In

Congrats again Tony you did NEFA proud!!!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:37 PM
10 Second Club

congrats on the win!!! two years in a row for both of us!!! yeeaaa!!

Thanks Mike, I would like to step up in class and go toe to toe with the MOD champ, but we will see what the funds allow me to do over the year it's been slow.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:13 PM
9 Second Club

lol tony i cut a .253 against daren with a 700hp car doesnt say much for my pro tree driving haha
Old 09-06-2011, 07:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol tony i cut a .253 against daren with a 700hp car doesnt say much for my pro tree driving haha
I was .063 with about 400hp. Your MOV was .2311. Reading the short times you caught me right at the 1/8th. If I just had a little more sixty foot......
Old 09-06-2011, 08:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Daren-- these are the beers I was telling your wife about:

It was fun hanging out with you guys when we had to move due to those gail-force winds and rain that came out of nowhere, lol. Keep heckling Jamie Meyer for those Raceshop LT Bowtie Block Molds! No more than $2500 though, lol, that's my limit! This was the first race that my girlfriend has ever been to, so her expectations are going to be pretty high from now on. She had a great time as well and enjoyed meeting all of you guys.

I was standing next to Mike Jacobs for 30 minutes and had no idea it was him until someone said something. I picked his brain for a bit. He will be back for sure! He definetly knows his stuff about nitrous, I should have took notes, lol.

Chris from nitrous outlet is a freakin riot! He's the kind of guy who has a thousand funny stories to tell, total life of the party. Not sure if it was him who brought those special shot cups, but those seemed to work really good. Maybe he was the one who brought that massive bottle of vodka? I can't remember. Sat night was hazy for me.

Mike V--Cool meeting you, even though you stomped me in the semi's, lol! Your car moves out! Your dad is a very nice guy as well. We will hit up Maryland soon and see what our cars can really do!

Tony Q-- you just killed it out there. Trophy *****!!!!!!!!! LOL! You were running around like a maniac, you probably made more passes on the track than anyone else, taking 2 classes all the way to the finals. I'm glad the 90East route worked better for you guys!

Josh-- Not sure if you post on here, but super cool dude as well. (He had the other black Z in mod n/a)

Tom-- thanks again for offering that power block! Just goes to show how supportive everyone here is.

Chased-- i'm sure we'll be seeing you next year with your own vehicle! Cool meeting you!

Moe-- I already made a thread about Moe, the guy is amazing!

Neil-- awesome guy as well! Offered to lend me his truck so me and my girl could go to a restaurant to eat without having to take my truck/trailer. Just a class act! We ended up eating at the hotel restaurant and it was pretty good. This guy knows every single person who ever made a fast pass in an LT1, I swear. Just quiz him if you don't believe me!

So many people i'm forgetting but I will add them as it comes to me. This event was unlike any other i've ever been to. If you needed a hand with ANYTHING, there was literally a crowd of people waiting to dive in and help. Tools, light, jumperbox, beer, advice, etc, etc. No grudes at all, no rivalries, just support wherever you looked.

The only thing that sucked was the ride home. Blew a trailer tire right outside of the Corvette museum. Had to nurse it 12 miles to a Wal-Mart in Glastow. $136 later we were on our way home (1.5 hours later), and got caught in some nasty downpours in PA. Ended up taking 12.5 hours to get home. Total trip was 1408.8 miles at 15.3mpg. Gotta love my new Silverado, that little 5.3 gets some sweet mileage!
Old 09-06-2011, 08:55 PM
10 Second Club

Man I wish my stock motor would have stayed together and I would have not gone all CRAZY with doing more then I should have and got to compete in this class I think my car would have fared pretty well but will never know now.............But Congrats to all the winners seems like it was an awesome event!!!
Old 09-06-2011, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look at that sexy Camaro!! lol Great meeting you! Glad i got to chat with ya before you left!
Old 09-06-2011, 11:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CamaroGrrrl
Congrats again Tony you did NEFA proud!!!
thanks madddie! next year if it happens again that the ltx and lsx shootout are both at bowling green a week apart we should all go for the whole week and go to both shootouts and ill race at the ltx shootout and u guys race at the lsx shootout!

Thanks Mike, I would like to step up in class and go toe to toe with the MOD champ, but we will see what the funds allow me to do over the year it's been slow.
bada$$$$$ i'd love to see that! u'd make some noise in that class for sure and look damn good doing it too! freakin love that car

lol u were trying not to red light thats the only reason u were late. u knew u had some et on daren. u did the right thing.

Originally Posted by GIZMO
I was .063 with about 400hp. Your MOV was .2311. Reading the short times you caught me right at the 1/8th. If I just had a little more sixty foot......
that definetly was a lot closer race then the scoreboards showed. it was wicked fun to watch from the tower!

Originally Posted by joelster
Daren-- these are the beers I was telling your wife about:

It was fun hanging out with you guys when we had to move due to those gail-force winds and rain that came out of nowhere, lol. Keep heckling Jamie Meyer for those Raceshop LT Bowtie Block Molds! No more than $2500 though, lol, that's my limit! This was the first race that my girlfriend has ever been to, so her expectations are going to be pretty high from now on. She had a great time as well and enjoyed meeting all of you guys.

I was standing next to Mike Jacobs for 30 minutes and had no idea it was him until someone said something. I picked his brain for a bit. He will be back for sure! He definetly knows his stuff about nitrous, I should have took notes, lol.

Chris from nitrous outlet is a freakin riot! He's the kind of guy who has a thousand funny stories to tell, total life of the party. Not sure if it was him who brought those special shot cups, but those seemed to work really good. Maybe he was the one who brought that massive bottle of vodka? I can't remember. Sat night was hazy for me.

Mike V--Cool meeting you, even though you stomped me in the semi's, lol! Your car moves out! Your dad is a very nice guy as well. We will hit up Maryland soon and see what our cars can really do!

Tony Q-- you just killed it out there. Trophy *****!!!!!!!!! LOL! You were running around like a maniac, you probably made more passes on the track than anyone else, taking 2 classes all the way to the finals. I'm glad the 90East route worked better for you guys!

Josh-- Not sure if you post on here, but super cool dude as well. (He had the other black Z in mod n/a)

Tom-- thanks again for offering that power block! Just goes to show how supportive everyone here is.

Chased-- i'm sure we'll be seeing you next year with your own vehicle! Cool meeting you!

Moe-- I already made a thread about Moe, the guy is amazing!

Neil-- awesome guy as well! Offered to lend me his truck so me and my girl could go to a restaurant to eat without having to take my truck/trailer. Just a class act! We ended up eating at the hotel restaurant and it was pretty good. This guy knows every single person who ever made a fast pass in an LT1, I swear. Just quiz him if you don't believe me!

So many people i'm forgetting but I will add them as it comes to me. This event was unlike any other i've ever been to. If you needed a hand with ANYTHING, there was literally a crowd of people waiting to dive in and help. Tools, light, jumperbox, beer, advice, etc, etc. No grudes at all, no rivalries, just support wherever you looked.

The only thing that sucked was the ride home. Blew a trailer tire right outside of the Corvette museum. Had to nurse it 12 miles to a Wal-Mart in Glastow. $136 later we were on our way home (1.5 hours later), and got caught in some nasty downpours in PA. Ended up taking 12.5 hours to get home. Total trip was 1408.8 miles at 15.3mpg. Gotta love my new Silverado, that little 5.3 gets some sweet mileage!
thx joel! yea it was wicked crazy trying to take home 2 trophy's i actually ended up losing in the semi's to the white impala that eventually won bracket. great guy and great race. i lost by .0096 thousands of a second. im glad he won!

I join you guys when u go down to cecil.... but i heard atco was the fastest track? either way ill go down too just lemme know when ur planning it.

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Man I wish my stock motor would have stayed together and I would have not gone all CRAZY with doing more then I should have and got to compete in this class I think my car would have fared pretty well but will never know now.............But Congrats to all the winners seems like it was an awesome event!!!
Thx lawhead. yea man i felt awful when i heard the news about ur motor. i really wanted u to race in this class because u were right there with me when i threw the idea out there for it. hey man next time!

Originally Posted by Black94Z28
Look at that sexy Camaro!! lol Great meeting you! Glad i got to chat with ya before you left!
i loveee that pic my buddy took. its everyone in street stock lined up and ready to rock!

yea man i loved talking with u guys ur cool cats!
Old 09-06-2011, 11:53 PM
Teching In

Tony, thank you for the kind words. I had a great time and the trophy could not have gone to a better guy than you. I know you will rep it well! I will be back for my revenge next year, so enjoy and love to all!!
Old 09-07-2011, 06:47 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Kall
Tony, thank you for the kind words. I had a great time and the trophy could not have gone to a better guy than you. I know you will rep it well! I will be back for my revenge next year, so enjoy and love to all!!
Thanks Casey! yea i figured i will only be holding on to it until next sept so i better i enjoy it while it lasts! lol

your car really was the best car in the class. super sexy and super fast. My gf agreed as well. She also had a lot of kind words to say about you and said you were a great guy and i agreed! I am glad you got the "fastest loser" prize, even though in my eyes that car should never have any type of "loser" name tag to it. its a winner all around.

i think that class will at least double in size for next year. with some heavy hitters showing up like shon herron

Quick Reply: Thank You LTX Community