LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

How much Gain with UDP & EWP

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 11:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
All of you should just grow some thicker skin. It's the ******* internet.
Exactly. So why do you and him get so worked up over having to post information on a board you DON'T have to frequent?! If people asking questions bothers you two that much, simply go away.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:36 AM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had my UDP since 97 or so. Had the EWP since '00. No problems with either.

I originally went with the UDP because of the power steering, as what was said above. I put a tranny cooler to help with that also.

I used to daily drive the car for the first 5 years I owned it. Now its just a garage queen, for the most part.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wrd1972
It is flat-out wrong to tell someone they should leave a public board simply because you dont like his "style" or information that he offers. The information he offers is usually sound and he does have good results to back it up.

It is no secret to anyone here (as well as many other boards) that he is abrasive and arrogant but I suggest you challenge him on your points. I personally think he is a pompous ******* at times for his presentation but I feel compelled to say he has the right to be be here and act that way if he chooses.

I agree with that statement, to an extent. But after seeing what this guy has to say time and time again, I'm not that impressed. Sure he likely knows more than I, but his words are not gospel and they often incorporate his own personal opinion. It's one thing to give an opinion, it's another to wrap it up in an "as a matter of fact" package and deliver it with sarcasm and arrogance. We don't have to like him, or agree with him, but I do agree that as long as he follows the rules he has a right to be here. He's still a dick imo though

Originally Posted by LSWHO
I'm not saying he shouldn't be allowed here. I'm saying he shouldn't want to be here. He seems irritated by the people asking the questions. Why does he come here if he knows everything!? If it's so much trouble to deal with the inquisitive, why go through it!? Just GO AWAY!
Some guys feel good when they act like that, but it comes from an an insecurity usually. Just take the info and opinions and disregard the bs imo.

Originally Posted by guppymech
I usually 'search' Google for answers to my questions (this works great, example on google type in: Your Search Phrase site:ls1tech.com ). This uses google to search for you instead of the 'site' search engine.

I have found that most any question on the LT1 has already been asked and answered many times as capricemgr has noted. Over time I have seen many posts from capricemgr and have always found them informative but lately there is a added sarcasm and meanness that is not warranted. Perhaps there is something else going on in his life but he (you) shouldn't take it out on people on this board.
Agreed and agreed. He offers some good perspective and information based on his own experiences, which is invaluable. But ...well enough said lol.

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
All of you should just grow some thicker skin. It's the ******* internet.
You are the one who sounds like things are getting to you . You okay partner?
Originally Posted by LSWHO
Exactly. So why do you and him get so worked up over having to post information on a board you DON'T have to frequent?! If people asking questions bothers you two that much, simply go away.
That won't happen, but let's not get into too much of this. We are better off just sticking to the topic at hand, and answering the question as best as we can based on our personal experiences. If someone has to be a jerk about it I feel sorry for them, but it's no big deal and it shouldn't really bother the rest of us too much. I simply stated whatever everyone else was thinking.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 10-05-2011, 02:05 PM
On The Tree

Some of you need to take your ballerina clothes off if you're offended by Dwayne's (96capricemgr) style. If you can prove his technical/mechanical points wrong then do so, by telling people to just leave you're making yourself look a frustrated little kid that has no toys to take out of the sandbox that you don't own to begin with.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 95 Likes on 86 Posts

hopefully the OP was able to make his own decision based on the comments in this thread dispite the abbrasive comments from the Caprice owner. We all know Dwayne has some valid info to contribute but unfortunately is often challenged in how to convey it.

My skin is pretty thick and I have butted heads with him before. Like mentioned...this is the internet.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not bothered by anything anyone's saying. You're the one's getting all worked up! I'm just pointing out how dumb you (select few) look.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

...anyways...

Quick Reply: How much Gain with UDP & EWP