LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

It never ends!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 12:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have gas in the tank? If so stick a gas soaked rag in the filler neck and light it. I bet she fires right up!

I couldn't resist.

Anyway remember you only need three things to make an engine run.

Air
Fuel
Spark at the rght time

Ok compression but I don't believe that is the issue.

If you have these three things it will run.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default free car!!!!!

Just like to say thanks for all the advice so far guys. The car still wont start, i changed the spark plugs and they were dry but did smell like fuel, i also so replaced the starter. So i noticed now when i try to start the car i dont hear the fuel pump, i know what a fuel pump sounds like just need to know how load it is on the TAs???? plus i dont smell fuel in the engine bay only at the rear of the car i smell it. Now could this just be my fuel relay???
Old 11-11-2011, 11:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Throw a fuel pressure gauge on it and see or do it the old fashion way of just prime it with the key by turning the ignition to run with out starting it, then turn it back off and locate the valve at the back of the fuel rail and push it in and see if it shoots gas out. It should come shooting out of it. If it just trickles or nothing comes out you need to figure out why. Could be that the pumps bad or there is something wrong with the circuit (bad relay or fuse, or out of gas lol) but if you want to power it directly I think the little red wire over by the PCM that has a black conector on it is a direct wire to the pump. You can make a jumper from the +batt terminal to that conector and test the pump that way.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:00 AM
TECH Regular

When you turn the key to the start position (no cranking) you should hear the pump come on for 2 sec or so if not then the pump is toast or check fuses and relays
Old 11-12-2011, 08:29 AM
On The Tree

That was my next step to check the fuel pressure. Yes there is fuel in the tank, there is about 1/2 tank! I also tried to listen for the pump, i dont hear ****! Im goint to replace the relay and check pressure first, if nothing ill be changing the pump.

Quick Reply: It never ends!