LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LTX SHOOTOUT Magazine Coverage in this months GMHTP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 12:22 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGOBYBY
Mentioning the event "had a low turn-out again this year" will just further discourage people from attending IMO.
Re-read the article. His main goal was to get people to show up next year!

Lighten up people. You are digging a hole that you may not be able to get out of. We want GMHTP to keep covering the event. Free advertising guys!!! Come on!!
They want the event to succeed and are trying to help it! Stop whining about a few mistakes in the article!

Old 12-05-2011, 12:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd

Lighten up people. You are digging a hole that you may not be able to get out of. We want GMHTP to keep covering the event. Free advertising guys!!! Come on!!
They want the event to succeed and are trying to help it! Stop whining about a few mistakes in the article!

Ditto

Most 1 day track rentals are ignored by the media. We are lucky to have thier interest and support. I am sure he tried his best. Hopefully, I can give the comunity a christmas present in the form of a edited video of the race. For the people that don't like it, it will be worth what you paid for it
Old 12-05-2011, 12:44 PM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

agreed!!!!! seriously people you have national magazine recognition and you're complaining!? .......i personally appreciate everything GMHTP and Justin has done for us and the shootout.......its awesome that he comes out and covers the event.....let alone gives us all a chance at our 15 minutes of fame.........lets focus more on next year on expanding and making it more fun and more competitive for everyone........we had some great racing this year........lets make it grow!!!! ........its about the people and the bragging rights......the magazine is a bonus and we are lucky to have it!!!

Originally Posted by SS Aleks
Ditto

Most 1 day track rentals are ignored by the media. We are lucky to have thier interest and support. I am sure he tried his best. Hopefully, I can give the comunity a christmas present in the form of a edited video of the race. For the people that don't like it, it will be worth what you paid for it
yea wheres the video!!!!??? lol i been waiting for it......did you ever find that video you had of my car too?? cause i got nothing from the shootout i was too busy chasing bags of ice for my intake manifold hahaha
Old 12-05-2011, 12:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGOBYBY
Mentioning the event "had a low turn-out again this year" will just further discourage people from attending IMO.
I would think that if Justin announced that he wasn't going to support the race it would have an even bigger impact!

Some of you need to stop complaining. All you do is hurt everyone. Just because you won a race or got your picture taken it doesn't make you special.

And yes Justin spells my name wrong every time!
Old 12-05-2011, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, I'm out. Forgive me for giving my opinion on this matter.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

I will be there next year but without a car, so like this past year, Im free to help out wherever needed. I worked the Street Stock class this year and still made a few passes, next year i will have nothing tying me down. Just love to help out and hang out with friends Ive made along the way!
Old 12-06-2011, 12:35 PM
On The Tree

His main goal was to get people to show up next year!
Thanks Tony...that is indeed correct. Hopefully that will encourage people to come out, and break out of the "I'll just go next year" mentality (I am as guilty of that as anyone). I apologize for the inaccuracies and would encourage you to email me, so that I can print a correction/retraction (Scott.Parker@Sorc.com). In the mean time, I hope that everyone enjoys the February issue (on stands today) and look forward to covering this event next year.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Staging Lane

I can tell you first hand that this is pretty common. When we raced Top Sportsman in IHRA and were in Drag Review magazine I was able to spot out incorrect info and problems all the time. Its really tough to gather that amount of info and take pictures and keep it all in line after the event to write the article. I understand the frustration but I agree with Tony and its awesome that the event is even in the magazine.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:43 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Scott@GMHTP
Thanks Tony...that is indeed correct. Hopefully that will encourage people to come out, and break out of the "I'll just go next year" mentality (I am as guilty of that as anyone). I apologize for the inaccuracies and would encourage you to email me, so that I can print a correction/retraction (Scott.Parker@Sorc.com). In the mean time, I hope that everyone enjoys the February issue (on stands today) and look forward to covering this event next year.

i remember reading GMHTP years ago as a kid......i specifically remember an article on a yellow LT1 vette way back in the day i thought it was so awesome..........and now many years later im in the mag.........i still cant believe it.....thanks GMHTP!!!!

Last edited by quik95lt1; 12-06-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:32 PM
On The Tree

Much appreciated.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:43 PM
8 Second Club

Thank you Scott! We appreciate you, Justin, and GMHTP !
Old 12-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Launching!

I really can not believe some you of you are bitching about some miss spellings etc. For a magazine like GMHTP to send someone to a one day event is amazing. Its very seldom also to see coverage that quickly of an event in a magazine. Instead of bitching I think I would like to give a very big THANKS to GMHTP and Justin for covering this event. What an awesome article to showcase such a small group. Hopefully next year the turn out gets bigger!!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Black94Z28
I will be there next year but without a car, so like this past year, Im free to help out wherever needed. I worked the Street Stock class this year and still made a few passes, next year i will have nothing tying me down. Just love to help out and hang out with friends Ive made along the way!
I will need you to add a few hundred lbs of ballast to Mike V's car when he isn't looking. Or pull a plug wire.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:38 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by joelster
I will need you to add a few hundred lbs of ballast to Mike V's car when he isn't looking. Or pull a plug wire.
niceeeeeee joel lmao
Old 12-06-2011, 09:48 PM
11 Second Club

Sounds good to me! Ill be picking mine up tomorrow!
Old 12-07-2011, 09:04 PM
TECH Addict

Got mine today in the mail.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

Just bought 4 copies!
Old 12-09-2011, 12:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cprmn14
How does a "bolt on" LT1 third gen run 10's? lol

Sweet article, thanks for posting
he is on tnt f-body all the the time good guy his name is no show
Old 12-09-2011, 10:00 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Torque Fiend
Anyone have more info on that convertible 3rd gen? He's flying.
Sure man,

What would you like to know about the car? It's a DEAD stock LT1 with a hotcam and some cheap headers. Raceweight was 3450 that day and we were on M/t 275/60's. The car makes about 290rwhp on N/a setup....lolol Rea gear was a 3.90 i think?

Originally Posted by cprmn14
How does a "bolt on" LT1 third gen run 10's? lol

Sweet article, thanks for posting

Bolt on....plus a little nitrous! Nitrous outlet's plate kit has been nothing short of PERFECT in Brian's car. I think we went 12.5's on our N/a pass before we turned the bottle on. It's got a really nice billet nitrous converter from FTI, so a big thanks to them too!

Originally Posted by muddyjimmy
He doesn't just have bolt-ons. He has a hot cam and a little help from Nitrous Outlet. He was running in the EX Street Power Adder Class. That is a bad *** car.

My bolt-on LT1 third gen runs 12's.

Thanks man! Brian did an excellent job driving it and we really worked hard to get everything out of that car (lol at his mph vs his competitors shows we were pulling every last bit out of the car). We are up in the air on whether to pull the Lt1 out of the car and move on or leave it in and come back with it this year again.

Originally Posted by LT1TONY_
At first I was happy to see a photo of my car in the article along with it saying how I took home the Golden Opti.

It makes you feel good getting the win especially with all the issues I went through getting to the event.

In a nut shell: Worked till 2am then got off and drove with no sleep from Mishawaka Indiana to Kentucky, got a speeding ticket, wheel bearing on truck broke and I had to replace it right off the side of the highway while being 45 min away from the event. Still made it to the event at the last minute with all these issues and no sleep running on pure adrenaline and still won the Extreme Street Power Adder class. It was very exciting and once again thanks to my family and friends for helping!

HOWEVER, what gets me is that I had a great time racing top notch competitors on one of the hottest days of the year and NO Disrespect at all to my Runner up opponent but the guy who wrote the GMHTP LTX Shootout article needs to get his facts straight.

We had a clean final race which you can see on the video on youtube. It was also posted and talked about here on LS1 Tech and there was NO "aborted" final run by the runner up as the editor incorrectly wrote in his article.

Again I want to stress no disrespect to my opponent but I'm sure you fellow racers can understand how I feel.

Thanks, as I had to get this off my chest!

Actually, we don't understand how you feel?

That's pretty sad man. You're getting butt-hurt over that?! You won the class, you won the race, what more do you want?

I know we were just pumped we got magazine coverage of a AWESOME event! I wanted to personally THANK Justin for taking the time out of his outrageously busy schedule just to come to this event and for the effort and spread they did in the Magazine.

There was almost as much coverage of this event with 80 cars as there was of the LS fest with probably 5x the cars and you want to complain about the way they wrote it?

Which would you rather see: "Tony with the 396 ***** out Lt1 spraying a fogger kit barely eeked out the hotcam plate kit LT1 convertible in the finals". That's not really a big feather in your cap in terms of your tuneup in your car brother.

Again, congrats on the win, but use a little rational thought and be appreciative that they were even there to cover the event IMO.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Teching In

[/QUOTE] Actually, we don't understand how you feel?

That's pretty sad man. You're getting butt-hurt over that?! You won the class, you won the race, what more do you want?

Which would you rather see: "Tony with the 396 ***** out Lt1 spraying a fogger kit barely eeked out the hotcam plate kit LT1 convertible in the finals". That's not really a big feather in your cap in terms of your tuneup in your car brother.

Again, congrats on the win, but use a little rational thought and be appreciative that they were even there to cover the event IMO.[/QUOTE]

Look man, I think you're pretty sad. Yeah its great I won but its also nice for the people to get the correct facts and not some incorrect info.

I wasn't one bit talking or complaining about you guys but since you want to make it personal with me at least get you facts straight.

Too bad my car is a full weight 3,700 lbs 6 speed car that is not a fogger set up. Just an old TNT Nitrous plate kit. Oh yeah still has a full interior with back seat and A/C that blows cold and on a hydraulic cam.
I played by the book and ran those crappy ET Streets and had to tune down the power since we're not allowed to run E.T. Drags. Catch my on some E.T. Drags and its a different story. At least I didn't take my exhaust off like you guys did in the finals and plus running a turbo 400 which isn't in the rules. Oh yeah you took out a 6 speed from you car last year to put in an auto and sorry that this 6 speed guy beat you guys!!

You wanted to go there as I didn't as all I was doing was expressing my feelings towards the magazine. There are others on here as well that feel the same about inconsistencies in articles, etc.

GMHTP wants to hear the good plus the bad. Open up there first pages and you'll see how they post peoples comments and its always not good.

I appreciate all they do and love that magazine but I wanted to express something that bothered me.

I have no issues with you or anyone on the boards as i've been around a long time but for you to come up with this crap and approach me like this wrong. Maybe you should use a little rational.

Quick Reply: LTX SHOOTOUT Magazine Coverage in this months GMHTP!