LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Alright, I think I found my problem....what do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 02:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Alright, I think I found my problem....what do you guys think?

Alright today after testing my coil and putting things back together, I still had the same issue as before, however I think I have a better way of describing it. The first time I started the car it idled fine and sounded great, no whistling and it idled like normal. So I took it for a test drive to Autozone about a mile away. It was still down on power but it appeared to get worse the more I drove it. I go into Autozone for a few minutes for whatever reason, and then I drive back home. As I was driving it got worse and worse and by the time I pulled into the driveway it sounded bad. When coasting in idle the idle surged, not really bad but bad enough to notice. I let it idle and got out of the car to listen for weird noises. Low and behold right behind the driverside front tire I heard an odd gurgling like sound, like some sort of liquid sloshing around. I shut it down and no odd boiling sounds that I could hear.
So with that very long novel that I hope described the problem a bit better... I'm going to go start it up and use carb cleaner to check for vacuum leaks, but could it possibly be bad spark plug gap? The gap is at .56 is that too much? I'm also thinking o2 sensors since they aren't heated. Those are things I'm already looking in to, what I'm asking is that do those symptoms sound like something that I failed to mention before?
Sorry for the novel lol, but I think this is a better description of what the car is doing.