LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

BLS 93-97 Camaro Bi-Xenon Projector Headlight Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 10:44 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

if i had a street car id consider it but i dont turn my headlights on on the track anyway....alternator takes power to spin lol...........
Old 12-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 120 Likes on 89 Posts

Just to add on the price comments, think of it this way, an LT1 camaro has been around since the 1990s, and so far, not one single company has offered a true, bolt in, plug and play kit. Granted HID craze has not been around since the car came out, but nevertheless, the demand has always been there for a improved headlight, that does not just throw a ton of glare down the road. It is a tough project to fit a projector in such a small space and make it look like it is close to OE while also requiring that no hacking is needed.

A lot of time and effort went into making this kit, which is reflected in both the craftsmanship and of course price. It is certainly not for everyone, but for those that do spring for it, I am sure you will not be disappointed.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We aren't cheap some of us would rather buy things we need like a rearend. I can honestly say I will buy this eventually some **** just comes first I already have HIDS.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

How can we buy these lights come April? Any links so I can bookmark it
Old 12-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Originally Posted by alexcoreas
http://www.blackbirdlighting.com/

I would assume that link, once they are ready to be sold, it will be updated.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:33 PM
TECH Resident

Ohhh yea looks really great, nice work. Thumbs up
Old 12-12-2011, 07:39 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by alexcoreas
When these are officially available, we will be updating the website to include these. Be assured these will be offered on this forum first.

Originally Posted by pancho toco loco
Ohhh yea looks really great, nice work. Thumbs up
Thank you!
Old 12-12-2011, 09:37 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
Why are lt1 owners so cheap?
What a dick comment....

and ide say bc most of us arent born with a silver spoon up our aces

in all honesty... if had upgraded everything else i could and just happened to have 1000 laying around... i think they would be a fantastic upgrade...

however, most of us dont have the 1k laying around, and if we did there would be other things we would want first?

not being degrading to BLS by any means... i think its a great product... i just think it all depends on what kind of a car a person is building

guys that want faster cars, cant justify spending the money on something without feeling the gains...

where the aesthetic guys will jump all over this
Old 12-12-2011, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think they look goofy but to each his own i guess.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

a bit pricy, but I'd be in on a group purchase. They do look awesome...I think about 300 would be my max though. my car is mostly a sunday driver...but I love HID's.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by lethal bird
I think they look goofy but to each his own i guess.
theyd look better as a full set. But for me its usually function over looks
Old 12-13-2011, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

I could do maybe 350I for the set. Were talking headlights here not turbos or nitrous or even a sweet hood. Do I want better light at times yes, but could I see myself spending 1000 on my Camaro lights no this is no Vette. The lights wont bring value to the car that is only worth 5k stock on a good day. And if you did not buy both sets it would really stand out and look weird.

I don't think they look that bad and I also understand how hard figuring out all the math to make them work good. But wow very pricey for most and in tough times for everyone most are selling there race cars and show cars to live at these times.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 96TransAmboosted
The lights wont bring value to the car that is only worth 5k stock on a good day. And if you did not buy both sets it would really stand out and look weird.

I don't think they look that bad and I also understand how hard figuring out all the math to make them work good. But wow very pricey for most and in tough times for everyone most are selling there race cars and show cars to live at these times.
Cars are horrible investments - I'm surprised you don't know this by now considering you're posting on ls1tech.

Besides that, if the car is a driver then this makes sense. Better night vision can help limit accidents, hitting a deer, etc, that can easily cause body damage easily in excess of the cost of these headlights. You get what you pay for, and with this, it is the best.

While it may bug you and the very small fraction of people who are car guys, the vast majority of people will not even notice, especially since the lights on these cars are almost hidden from most angles. And function of headlights is slightly more important than form.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by __Z__
What a dick comment....

and ide say bc most of us arent born with a silver spoon up our aces

in all honesty... if had upgraded everything else i could and just happened to have 1000 laying around... i think they would be a fantastic upgrade...

however, most of us dont have the 1k laying around, and if we did there would be other things we would want first?

not being degrading to BLS by any means... i think its a great product... i just think it all depends on what kind of a car a person is building

guys that want faster cars, cant justify spending the money on something without feeling the gains...

where the aesthetic guys will jump all over this
What a dick reply.....

I've worked for everything I have. I have good friends that help me keep labor costs down. And a single set is around $600? That's an opti and a waterpump which almost all lt1 owners have shelled out for. I like driving my car, just not at night. I can imagine this product changing the previous sentence drastically. Oh and once you have a quick car, you change it up and make it look good too
Old 12-13-2011, 10:47 AM
FormerVendor

We understand the price is not for everyone and I can assure you that it was not intentional. If we could have these mass produced overseas and sell thousands, the price would be significantly reduced. Can you get HIDs cheaper or install something which requires significant modifications to the car but will not perform as well?....Sure! Like anything else, people will value things differently. To some, quality lights may be an important safety and aesthetic upgrade. How many guys are guilty of adding a ton of power to their cars and not touching the brakes?

The purpose of building these lights was to do what appeared to be the impossible. If we could get the price down to reach more customers, we would however labor, material and component costs are not cheap.

Like our other kits, the price is not for everyone however what we do deliver is a quality product backed by excellent customer service.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
What a dick reply.....

I've worked for everything I have. I have good friends that help me keep labor costs down. And a single set is around $600? That's an opti and a waterpump which almost all lt1 owners have shelled out for. I like driving my car, just not at night. I can imagine this product changing the previous sentence drastically. Oh and once you have a quick car, you change it up and make it look good too
I wasnt meaning the silver spoon comment to be a personal attack, im just saying I live in a town where 16 years olds drive 50k+ bmws, and typically the people that go around calling others cheap, are the ones who in fact have never had to work for their job, or work for their well being...

im not saying thats your case, just saying its what ive experienced personally

on that note, I wish I had 100 dollars to spend on my car haha... sadly its the holidays

Originally Posted by BLSolutions
We understand the price is not for everyone and I can assure you that it was not intentional. If we could have these mass produced overseas and sell thousands, the price would be significantly reduced. Can you get HIDs cheaper or install something which requires significant modifications to the car but will not perform as well?....Sure! Like anything else, people will value things differently. To some, quality lights may be an important safety and aesthetic upgrade. How many guys are guilty of adding a ton of power to their cars and not touching the brakes?

The purpose of building these lights was to do what appeared to be the impossible. If we could get the price down to reach more customers, we would however labor, material and component costs are not cheap.

Like our other kits, the price is not for everyone however what we do deliver is a quality product backed by excellent customer service.
+1 lol now you guys should get to working on a high output LED headlight set up
Old 12-13-2011, 12:28 PM
FormerVendor

The LEDs will be coming but I see that taking quite a while before we see the OEM stuff trickle to the aftermarket. It will open up a lot of opportunities but the big issue will be quality and specifically proper thermal management. LEDs can be killed pretty quickly if the thermal loads are not kept in check. This is why you see all those crazy looking aluminum heat sinks on higher wattage LED products. It will def allow for some interesting designs when the time is right.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:33 PM
Man-Crush Warning

I <3 thermal designing.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:37 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BLSolutions
The LEDs will be coming but I see that taking quite a while before we see the OEM stuff trickle to the aftermarket. It will open up a lot of opportunities but the big issue will be quality and specifically proper thermal management. LEDs can be killed pretty quickly if the thermal loads are not kept in check. This is why you see all those crazy looking aluminum heat sinks on higher wattage LED products. It will def allow for some interesting designs when the time is right.
There are a few cars being man. right now that have come out with led headlight units... they look fantastic... but they are pricey to say the least

i know the motorcycle crowd has started seeing some site sponsors doing R&D, and I beleive have come out with a set of led headlights for the 600rr...

so i do agree its coming... just a matter of when and when it will be affordable for us common folk
Old 12-13-2011, 11:53 PM
Self-Admitted Scammer

I don't mind spending a weeks pay on something that will make the car faster, but I'd rather stick with stock headlights for now at that price since I'm trying to keep a more factory look with the car. Even though the factory lights suck at lighting up the road. I'd love to have these someday.

If you can get them down to $550 for a pair I will order them right now.

Quick Reply: BLS 93-97 Camaro Bi-Xenon Projector Headlight Kit