Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 09:20 PM
formerly 1BADC10 (12/14/2011)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! Nice!
Old 12-19-2011, 10:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I haven't gotten my car to the track in anything better than a 500ft DA and mine is only a couple hundred pounds lighter than your's, not one of the sub-4000lbs cars. You have displacement, more head, solid roller, more available rpm, a LOT going in your favor vs. my setup.

I think Frank is right that you should be able to get high 10s with some work. Only thing I could see holding you back would be if the converter is really dialed in for the jug.

I run 4.10s and 28x10.50 ET Drags with the stiff sidewall on a 10" rim, a set of airlifts and BMR lower rear arms. That is all my traction mods. It is on Impala springs too.

I thought about a 26" tire but the local track SUCKS and I bought a big sticky tire I knew would hook with little effort.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:16 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
I haven't gotten my car to the track in anything better than a 500ft DA and mine is only a couple hundred pounds lighter than your's, not one of the sub-4000lbs cars. You have displacement, more head, solid roller, more available rpm, a LOT going in your favor vs. my setup.

I think Frank is right that you should be able to get high 10s with some work. Only thing I could see holding you back would be if the converter is really dialed in for the jug.

I run 4.10s and 28x10.50 ET Drags with the stiff sidewall on a 10" rim, a set of airlifts and BMR lower rear arms. That is all my traction mods. It is on Impala springs too.

I thought about a 26" tire but the local track SUCKS and I bought a big sticky tire I knew would hook with little effort.
You and Frank are right. With more work and the same air or better, a 10 may be possible. It was very hard to see that without more passes, tuning, and DA less than 1500. I have similar suspension mods plus Eibach lowering springs which don't help at the strip. Car was mostly set-up for the street, that's why it will always be a few hundred pound too heavy.

This set-up definitely likes the 26" tire on the motor. Everything improved vs the 28" tire. I have never run a 1.5x sixty on the motor and that was only the 2nd pass on these MT Street Radials. MPH picked up at the big end going through the traps at 7500 vs 7000 rpm. The converter still has room for a 1st stage nitrous hit, but I am a ways from that. Really want to see how far I can dip NA.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome, Chett! I knew we were going to see some good stuff from you with that new top end And I know there's more in it

For all of you outside the world of ImpalaSS fanatics, Chett's car has always been one of the trailblazers when it comes to performance with style. He's just been out of the picture for a few years. He's always wowed us by showing up at events with this show car, stereo thumping, ripping off some 10-sec nitrous passes, and then driving it back home, like from Atlanta to Tampa!

Oh BTW Frank, don't worry about Chett running out of revs......with the FAST and the GV overdrive, he's got plenty of headroom
I know that's a heavy @ss car with all he's added to it, so I'm not surprised it's 4400 lb. 118 mph trap translates to about 480 SAE at the wheels, which is damn good through an 8" TC, TH400 and the GV.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I would love to see what it would do without the GV soaking up power.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bowtienut
Awesome, Chett! I knew we were going to see some good stuff from you with that new top end And I know there's more in it

For all of you outside the world of ImpalaSS fanatics, Chett's car has always been one of the trailblazers when it comes to performance with style. He's just been out of the picture for a few years. He's always wowed us by showing up at events with this show car, stereo thumping, ripping off some 10-sec nitrous passes, and then driving it back home, like from Atlanta to Tampa!

Oh BTW Frank, don't worry about Chett running out of revs......with the FAST and the GV overdrive, he's got plenty of headroom
I know that's a heavy @ss car with all he's added to it, so I'm not surprised it's 4400 lb. 118 mph trap translates to about 480 SAE at the wheels, which is damn good through an 8" TC, TH400 and the GV.
Pat, thanks for the kind words Buddy. And your help with sorting out this combo. It's good to be racing this Sled again. I love this AI top end.

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
I would love to see what it would do without the GV soaking up power.
Me too.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bowtienut

Pat I wasn't worried about him running out of rev's it was me with his top end and stock computer. I've told Chett I would die for his AI Trickflow heads and solid roller setup. The car is bad *** and he will end up beating you and me both N/A

Quick Reply: Impala SS track results