LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Look out, it's another exhaust thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 11:09 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Look out, it's another exhaust thread!

Hey guys this has probably been talked about before on here but I was wondering about the following: I currently have BorlaMouth exhaust setup(XR-1 muffler in place of resinator on a SLP LM setup). I also put a SLP LM2 bullet in place of my cat, so two straight through mufflers in the I-pipe. The sound is ok but I'd like it "cleaner and a little deeper". I was thinking about trying the chambered/powerstick mufflers somewhere in the I-pipe, maybe replacing both the Borla and LM2 bullet with one or two powersticks. Has anyone personally heard this type of setup before? I know the GMMG is similar but it has chambered mufflers all the way at the back of the system vs. putting them closer to the engine in the I-pipe. Any thoughts?
Old 01-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Staging Lane

I used a magnaflow bullet style muffler in the I pipe of my '02 to quiet it down and deepen the tone and it worked great.

I'm not sure if it would do the same for you, but it helped me. I had a dynomax ultra-flo cat back with pacesetter LT's and o/r Y pipe. It had way more drone than I was looking for s I added the magnaflow and it sounded great ant the drone compoetely went away.

Heres a vid of the different exhaust set ups that i went through, the last one is with the magnaflow and ultra flo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAJgx9hfq_Q
Old 01-17-2012, 12:02 PM
TECH Regular

Number 3 I like!
Old 01-17-2012, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

Yep, thats the sound I was going for. Nice and deep at any RPM, just loud enough to get noticed but not enough to get in trouble.

The first clip was just after I put headers and O/R Y on it. Sounded good with the stock manifolds and cats, but got LOUD with the headers. It was loud enough that I wouldnt go past 2500 RPM's because it hurt my ears inside the car.

The second, I changed out the cat back with the dynomax ultra-flo. It sounded OK, but it was too raspy and annoying inside the car.

Quick Reply: Look out, it's another exhaust thread!