LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

1993 Z28 Project

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 Z28 Project

I have become a proud owner of a 1993 Camaro Z28, and I wanted some input in terms of mods you would recommend. I will admit I am not an auto motive technician nor a car guru, so thats why I came to the best. Honestly I do not know the full extent of mods, since I am still going through the car and finding things as I go. It is a 6 speed with a rebuilt LT1, has a moroso intake, unknown headers, and a borla exhaust installed. It has a roll cage, harness system and a phantom autometer with shift light as well. The rear end is swapped and it currently is a posi rear end. The owner built it originally for the track, but currently it is my daily drive so I dont plan on bringing it there as of right now.
Since I bought the car I have replaced the hydraulic clutch with the master and slave cylinder, all hydraulic lines, pressure plate, brakes / rotors. Currently my speedometer is off, a few people have suggested it is because the gearing is different than what the computer has been programmed for.
In terms of my plans, I want to built it into a stroker engine and maybe someday down the road supercharge it. I am repainting the car and doing some minor body work and interior work so it looks like a sleeper. I would like to take it to the track but have it still be streetable. What else would you recommend for mods, and what type of tires should be considered?
More pics to come as I continue to work on the car
Attached Thumbnails 1993 Z28 Project-camaro.jpg  
Old 02-26-2012, 07:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Congrats on your buy, sounds like you may want to spend some time researching (there is a sticky) LT1 motors, how they work, how they are diff, and find the easiest, cheapest mods to start with. This will get your feet wet, outside of bolt ons, its a pita to work on these cars..beware.

Moroso intake? Doesnt sound right...
Old 02-27-2012, 08:42 PM

Thanks, I knew from the start it wasnt going to be easy, but its always been a goal of mine to have a project car.
As far as the intake goes, here is the one that is currently installed in the car: http://www.jegs.com/i/Moroso/710/65840/10002/-1
Old 02-27-2012, 09:29 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's the most common intake on the LT1 fbodies.

He switched the rear and caged it?! Count the bolt on the rear differential cover; if you have more then 10 you are lucky lol!

I'd bring it to the track as it sits, dial it in and practice, practice, practice. Then go from there.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

who cages a stock 93 lt1?? Are you suuuuuuuuuuuure there is nothing done to that engine?
Old 02-28-2012, 06:51 PM
TECH Resident

i bet he had a built motor in it, with a 12bolt/9in/whatever with 4:10.. blew the motor, pulled it and dropped a stock one in and swapped the rear end back too a 10bolt..
Old 03-07-2012, 03:25 PM

From what the previous owner told me, the original motor was built, but then was blown, and another LT1 was put in its place. Im still going through everything trying to find out exactly what was done, since the guy I bought the car from had no idea what he had. So its a little bit of a challenge, and with the interior the headliner and everything in the trunk was pulled out, so the only thing back there is the carpet.

Quick Reply: 1993 Z28 Project