LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Default Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator

Been trying to get my Camaro back on the road here lately. Noticed the regulator had a major leak on the vacuum line. Pretty sure this is the reason why my oil had a ton of gas in it. I guess the diaphram is shot. The Aeromotive on mine is so old they no longer make a rebuild kit for the damn thing. I'd have to get the new style onepart. But theyre $165. Any other alternatives? Being that I have a Walbro 255, and bigger injectors I'm not planning on going the stock route.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Was it tuned for stock fuel pressure? If so then go stock.

The older Aeromotives were **** they burned carS to the ground. Stockers work perfectly well with a 255 and bigger injectors and no chance you will find anything more reliable.

If it was not tuned for stock pressure then consider getting the tune adjusted for stock pressure. As you found out the adjustable regulator was just another failure point you created. What I don't get is why you are set on repeating the mistake.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:47 PM
Staging Lane

I'm not set on repeating anything. That's why I asked you guys. The car has been tuned but not by me. I bought the car with the work already done. It's was built by Thunder Racing. Full boltons, H/C
Old 02-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Staging Lane

So would a stock regulator be good enough for a H/C car or no?
Old 02-26-2012, 06:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigAL
So would a stock regulator be good enough for a H/C car or no?
More than fine
Old 02-26-2012, 07:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The only snag to using a stock regulator would be if the car was tuned at other than stock pressure, but since the other regulator died you can't test that anyway. So IMO you are going to have to do some testing after the repair no matter which way you go.

There is not a good reason to have an adjustable regulator on the vast majority of cars, they are overused as halfassed "tuning" devices.

IMO the stock one is just fine till you go boost.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
The only snag to using a stock regulator would be if the car was tuned at other than stock pressure, but since the other regulator died you can't test that anyway. So IMO you are going to have to do some testing after the repair no matter which way you go.

There is not a good reason to have an adjustable regulator on the vast majority of cars, they are overused as halfassed "tuning" devices.

IMO the stock one is just fine till you go boost.

Thanks for the advice. As soon as I get it back on the road the Crane cam is coming out and a CC306 is going back in. Before I bought it someone had to rebuild it because the oil pump went bad. Instead of putting a CC306 back in it ( which it's tuned for ) they put some kind of crane cam in it so it'll definitely be getting tuned.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:09 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to go with a stock replacement for mine but out of curiousity can you post a photo of your adjustable one as mine has no markings on itso I have no clue which one was on my car.

Quick Reply: Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator