LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Fixed one oil leak just to get a A/C compressor leak

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixed one oil leak just to get a A/C compressor leak

Well at least I believe its the compressor. I have not had time to lift the car again, but sticking my head under the front pass tire I saw oil dripping ( well almost running ) right onto the steering arm boot of the steering rack. The oil looked clear, it was hot..

Based off the leak location I think its either the A/C compressor or lines. Ruled out power steering because of the color.

A/C was cold before all of this but I turned it off once I saw what was going on. I'm hoping it was just a line failure, but those who have had compressors leak / fail on them have you ever seen oil come from this general location?
Old 04-03-2012, 09:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ac leak

refrideration oil which in a car theres not much but if it is they usually leak from connection on top of cmpresser and the smells like elec motor windings it very unique......gd luck.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just yesterday had my a/c compressor and dryer replaced. $725 for ac delco brand, $100 less for aftermarket. Not helping you solve your problem, but just letting you know what to expect if it is the compressor.

Now if you will excuse me, it is time to reapply the ointment to my sphincter.