LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Car runs 90% better with Seafoam...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Car runs 90% better with Seafoam...

In the tank... still doesnt run perfect, but comes close. Ideas on where I should be looking? Very light throttle between 2k and 3k RPMs equals a light miss? but quarter throttle in same RPM range equals smooth and quick acceleration.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by notsue
In the tank... still doesnt run perfect, but comes close. Ideas on where I should be looking? Very light throttle between 2k and 3k RPMs equals a light miss? but quarter throttle in same RPM range equals smooth and quick acceleration.
plugs, wires are the first things to check. After that the coil and icm should be check. theirs a how-to on shbox.com that will show you what to look for. Plug gap should be .050" for a stock application
Old 03-11-2012, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

I pulled plugs and checked wires and they all appeared new and gapped correctly. I was hoping this was more of a fuel issue instead of something else, but I guess I can look into the coil and icm because those are the only things that havent been checked. Car is code free also.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:01 PM
11 Second Club

Clean your MAF
Old 03-11-2012, 02:05 PM
On The Tree

I was going to clean it again... Cleaned it last weekend because it was black and fuzzy, but I think I could have done a better job. I also have another fuel filter because the one I pulled off a couple weeks ago was full of dirt.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by notsue
I pulled plugs and checked wires and they all appeared new and gapped correctly. I was hoping this was more of a fuel issue instead of something else, but I guess I can look into the coil and icm because those are the only things that havent been checked. Car is code free also.
Forgot to think about fuel. Go to an auto parts store and get a fuel pressure guage that screws into the shreader valve at the back of the fuel rail. It should be above 40 psi from idle and when you get on the gas it should jump up near 50psi
Old 03-11-2012, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, fuel pressure checked out okay... had to check it when I replaced the FPR.

Quick Reply: Car runs 90% better with Seafoam...