LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Opti-Direct

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opti-Direct

I am thinking about rebuilding my tired engine this spring. I was wondering if anyone has used, does use or know anything about the Delteq Opti-Direct. I am thinking about going this route and want some insight about the product before dropping the bills on it.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Delteq is basically out of business and has been for a long time.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sooo.... is it still available, or no?
Old 03-14-2012, 03:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I want to know why the system with the least options and the worse reliability that has as covered been basically out of business for YEARS since the owner became ill is still the most sought after system.

Can you please tell us what lead you to want this system?

IMO these "opti delete" kits that keep the opti are silly, the opti works fine for all but the wildest applications so long as you are competent in diagnosing things and don't let another problem cause opti issues, and can install a Delco one right.

That said if you really want to delete your opti but still have to keep it to be the cam sensor then the LTCC was always more reliable, more options/flexibility, and still available, then there is the fact you really want to delete the opti why not look at the LS computer conversion.

If you really want the Delteq they come up used because people remove them before they fail, a number of them have failed after a few years in service, with the company gone, people know they can't fix them with new parts so they often cash out on them before they die.