LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

1996 C4 LT4 Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 08:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
If it were a perfect world, I'd have a clean C4, C5, and C6. Or I'd be content with a clean C6 and C4. Not sure how any potential future significant other would take that proposition though.
lol...I do agree my friend. We'd love to have a C6. I wish I could have one as a daily. But, I want a house. One day.

Josh ordered a throttle body for the car today. One step closer.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:17 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZO7 Josh
We need pics Josh .. The pictures that V series posted AKA my cousin are of my C4.
oh I messed that , nice vette

Originally Posted by 93 LT1 Vette
I've seen your car on Corvette forums. Nice ride. I like it much better on LS1tech. Seems to be alot of people over there with their nuts in a vise. Much more down to earth racer types here, not the my car will melt if my ride sees rain types.

I've noticed that , I guess it's something related to age in the forum.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
lol...I do agree my friend. We'd love to have a C6. I wish I could have one as a daily. But, I want a house. One day.
I agree totally - priorities first! A lot of which will not allow me to do what I want with this hobby and what has kept me from purchasing a toy while in school.

Some days it absolutely blows, but at least this way I have something to look forward to when I'm out in the "real world". Will be nice to jump into a rocket ship to exit work and vent some of the day's frustrations

I like it much better on LS1tech. Seems to be alot of people over there with their nuts in a vise. Much more down to earth racer types here, not the my car will melt if my ride sees rain types.
Those people have their place sometimes - I can respect a guy who wants to keep a clean car and not a ragged out POS. I also respect the guy who drives his toy in pretty much all conditions and takes the extra time maintaining the body to make it look just as nice as those garage queens.

My dad is the same way with his 07 Solstice GXP. Just finally about to hit 17k on it. Not sure why he babies that thing. Nothing all that special, but never seen snow, rarely ever seen rain. Hell there would be days back in high school when he would call me to tell me to swap cars with him on my lunch break so it didn't get rained on. But I've rode with him many a times and drove along side him sometimes, he isn't afraid to have some fun
Old 03-27-2012, 11:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Cool deal Marc...stay in school, save your coin.....buy a house, then buy your toys.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:57 PM
TECH Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I agree totally - priorities first! A lot of which will not allow me to do what I want with this hobby and what has kept me from purchasing a toy while in school.

Some days it absolutely blows, but at least this way I have something to look forward to when I'm out in the "real world". Will be nice to jump into a rocket ship to exit work and vent some of the day's frustrations

Those people have their place sometimes - I can respect a guy who wants to keep a clean car and not a ragged out POS. I also respect the guy who drives his toy in pretty much all conditions and takes the extra time maintaining the body to make it look just as nice as those garage queens.

My dad is the same way with his 07 Solstice GXP. Just finally about to hit 17k on it. Not sure why he babies that thing. Nothing all that special, but never seen snow, rarely ever seen rain. Hell there would be days back in high school when he would call me to tell me to swap cars with him on my lunch break so it didn't get rained on. But I've rode with him many a times and drove along side him sometimes, he isn't afraid to have some fun
I couldn't agree more about keeping your car clean and taking care of it. I was speaking more of the " Want to be Chevy lead engineer mentality" with the **** poor condescending smart *** attitudes over there. LOL From what I've seen, if you ask a question, the first 10 replies are how stupid you are. The last thing I want, is some stranger telling me how dumb I am or my setup is totally wrong. I've got a wife that can do that.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol.

Here's some LT4 ****...currently residing in the compound.

..more coming in a few minutes...
The following users liked this post:
TightSS (08-26-2020)
Old 03-27-2012, 08:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

from today...

bonus round...

Old 03-27-2012, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As you have seen above the motor is in. All groundstraps are in. To be continued tomorrow night.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

You bitch.

I was expecting another doughnut video tonight.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful! id Love an lt1 C4
Old 03-27-2012, 10:39 PM
TECH Regular

LOL From what I've seen, if you ask a question, the first 10 replies are how stupid you are. The last thing I want, is some stranger telling me how dumb I am or my setup is totally wrong. I've got a wife that can do that.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:42 PM
TECH Regular

That is one clean sexy vette.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

The C4 is soooo under appreciated now, its sad.

If my Z28 was ever stolen/totaled I would go C4 M6 hunting.

Just dont see that many out there anymore and I see the beauty that many others dont.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:32 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by nascarnate326
The C4 is soooo under appreciated now, its sad.

If my Z28 was ever stolen/totaled I would go C4 M6 hunting.

Just dont see that many out there anymore and I see the beauty that many others dont.

To be honest , when I sold my '99 m6 z28 I was looking for a C5.

on my journey of search I saw a beautiful clean red C4. I bought it and sold it after a month.

after that , I stopped searching for a c5 and ended with my admiral blue C4. I'm in love with it and it will not go to another owner.

Me and some find the C4 look is better than the C5. This is personal taste. and you don't realize the feeling of the c4 untill you drive one. and the interior makes you feel like you are in a jet fighter

My C4 was underappreciated by '10 cammed camaro, C6 and A GTR-33. But after giving them the taillight of my car. I don't know their opinion now

C4s still hurt the feelings of new sports car owners
Old 03-28-2012, 01:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
Nice, C4s are some of my favorite Corvettes ever built, glad you guys were able to get it back again.
Same here, I plan on getting one in the very near future.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mohammed
My C4 was underappreciated by '10 cammed camaro, C6 and A GTR-33. But after giving them the taillight of my car. I don't know their opinion now
Haha nice! Maybe I'll have to get one since I don't see too many clean ones around here. See some C5's, C6's, more of the C6's, but I still desire the C6 due to their looks.

All personal tastes I guess. I think the C4 is the last "real" Vette look.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mohammed
To be honest , when I sold my '99 m6 z28 I was looking for a C5.

on my journey of search I saw a beautiful clean red C4. I bought it and sold it after a month.

after that , I stopped searching for a c5 and ended with my admiral blue C4. I'm in love with it and it will not go to another owner.

Me and some find the C4 look is better than the C5. This is personal taste. and you don't realize the feeling of the c4 untill you drive one. and the interior makes you feel like you are in a jet fighter

LOL, I was underappreciated by the neighbors C6 LS3 car and a buddies pullied 03 terminator. Both now understand how much they underappreciated nitrous oxide.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The flywheel and ram clutch are in. Couldn't put the transmission in.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZO7 Josh
The flywheel and ram clutch are in. Couldn't put the transmission in.

No shims for pressure plate. Sucks. Oh well.

Here's the pic's...

Old 03-28-2012, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol.
Here's some LT4 ****...currently residing in the compound.
Nice. What exhaust is that? Also, where do most LT1/LT4 C4 guys deal with for performance parts, etc. with good deals and customer service? PM if not a sponsor or whatever

Quick Reply: 1996 C4 LT4 Build