LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Holley tb return spring location?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 03:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holley tb return spring location?

Hey guys, so I had to remove the butterflies on my 58mm holley. Anyway the shaft that the butterflies mount to, slid out a bit and there are 3 holes on the drivers side of the tb that are for the tension on the return spring? I just need to know what one it should be in front to back. Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks!
Old 03-30-2012, 06:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd go with the very front hole giving you the most spring pressure. I actually drilled a hole as far forward as I could to give me the most spring pressure. I thought the Holley had weak spring pressure compared to the stock TB.

When you re install the throttle blades be sure they do not bind in the bores at all. I like to keep a small amount of clearance between the throttle blades and the bores when closed to account for heat and carbon build up so there to ensure there will be no sticky throttle issues.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, got it all back together. I've had some idle issues when it warms up it doesn't always like to idle down from 1200-1500 so I talked with tpis and was informed that they've seen some issues with holleys and bbks not having enough clearance between the bores and blades to allow for thermal expansion. Basically not letting them shut all the way.. so we'll see if slightly filing the blades a bit helps.