LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Stressing about figuring this out

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stressing about figuring this out

Hey guys im new to the site just made my login today lol! I just bought my 2nd lt1 camaro 2 months ago but this ones blown. The car is a 95 but i found a deal on a fresh semi-built 93 lt1 355. About a month ago a buddy of mine posted something on here for me titled 93 vs 95 but between that post and a mechanic i know who works at a chevy dealership is giving me mixed info. The 93 engine came with a new MSD vented but splined opti that has the harness pigtail with it. I spoke to a JD at MSD tech support and he said as long as the harness side of the connector is 4 pin (which it is) it will correctly mate with my 95 harness and pcm regardless of opti drive. Is this true because its one of my biggest concerns? Also i know i need to use my 95 intake manifold but is there anything else? My chevy tech buddy also said something about the oil pressure sensors being in different locations? I know you guys on here are like pros and im just REALLY hoping for a "fool-proof" list of everything that needs to be converted so that i can sleep again at night lol its all i think and stress about haha. Thanks in advance guys!
Old 04-07-2012, 09:23 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only major difference in the two is the intake setup, mainly the fuel setup. If you have the newer intake and all the stuff that goes with it, just but it on. If you have the full MSD opti it replaces the opti plug with an external pigtail, so it plugs right into the factory harness.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

here ya go

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...vs-95-lt1.html
Old 04-07-2012, 09:41 AM

Thanks greenblood, i knew it was on here somewhere lol. And fex77k yes its the entire MSD opti...its got a different looking opti-side harness plug but the harness-side harness plug is 4 pin which according to JD should plug and read correctly even being spline drive? Can anyone verify this? Also the 95car/95motor setup is complete in the car so the fuel lines and intake setup are there and complete so that should work too. Are the rest of the sensors and all the same and straight forward? Anything else i should keep an eye out for?