LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Bench Bleed Brake MC - Tricks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Bench Bleed Brake MC - Tricks?

Guys,

Given some brake issues I've had recently I'm going thru a check list before I go installing an electric vac pump. One of my items is pulling the MC and bench bleeding it to make sure there is no air in there as it is possible air was introduced during my recent brake swap. Now, I know how to pull the MC and plug the ports to bench bleed it with a screw driver, but my question is hooking it back up. How do I properly bleed the lines going to the ABS block so the air introduced into these lines does not get into the ABS block or the system? I know there is two bleeder ports on the front of the ABS, but which one is associated with Front or Rear lines coming from the MC? Also, which port on the MC (closest the booster or furthest) is the Front or Rear port? Any help is much appreciated.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:04 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

When I installed my new MC, I just looked up a youtube video on how to bench bleed it and then install it, I also bought a Raybestos bench bleeding kit (Part # BF-125) which I still have, it comes with instructions. Your more than welcome to use it along with the flare nut wrench sets I have, since you will need those also. Send me a text I can bring them to you during lunch, it was every thing I needed.

Last edited by BizZzatch350; 04-10-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

basically you just run hoses from the outlets of the master back in to the res. keep your pumping smooth and slow. you don't want to agitate the fluid. i always put till there are no more bubbles come out. then some light taps from a screw driver handle against the body of the master then some strokes to make sure there was not any trapped air.

as for the abs. crack the lines just before it goes into the abs pump. i would not worry about getting air in it. the only time you would get any air in it would be if the pump activated the dump valves.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
When I installed my new MC, I just looked up a youtube video on how to bench bleed it and then install it, I also bought a Raybestos bench bleeding kit (Part # BF-125) which I still have, it comes with instructions. Your more than welcome to use it along with the flare nut wrench sets I have, since you will need those also. Send me a text I can bring them to you during lunch, it was every thing I needed.
Thanks Neil, sent u a text.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

Get this and you won't have to ever bench bleed anything brake related.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Get this and you won't have to ever bench bleed anything brake related.
That is a great product, however if you get air in your MC even a pressurized bleeder is not going to be able to get all of the air due to the angle of the MC on your firewall. From what I've read the only reliable way and sure fire way to get air out of the MC is to bench bleed it.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

You'd be fine.

Quick Reply: Bench Bleed Brake MC - Tricks?