LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Sad day for this LT1.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 09:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Exactly, and this is about Camaros. Not Firebirds. Besides, the 3rd and 4th gen. shared basically everything except engine and body panels. Sure, you may find some retard that has more money than brains and wants a clean 4th gen, but they are few and far between.
early c3 vettes were on the same exact chassy as the C2 corvettes. Early c3 corvettes are also more desirable simply because of the steal bumpers. something seemingly as insignificant as a steel bumper makes the car more desirable.

My father who is 64 looks at cars when we go to car shows that he rode in as a kid and goes those cars weren't worth crap and could barely make it up a hill with a stock motor they were a dime a dozen. Now they are worth money and it always shocks him.

Something is worth what people are willing to pay for it. In 20-30 years from now people may look back and go that 4gen was a sharp looking car and i remember driving it to school or being on a bus and watching one go by and saying they wish they had one. They could also go what a piece of crap and it was ugly. also when you look at long production run such as the c3 which ran from 69-82 people pick the car based on looks and distinguishing features. people may look at it and go i like the front end of the lt1 better and it may become the more desirable. It could be the engine that makes it more desirable. Or It could be the simple fact that most states are more lenient on pre od1 cars that make 95 and older more desirable. I had a friend looking for a car that was 95 or older to avoid heavy emission testing.

we can all speculate but only time will tell which if any 4thgen will be more desirable or worth anything at all.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:00 AM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

We are not talking about Vettes. We are talking about Camaros. They are a wooden nickle a dozen.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

mine wont be worth anything. because im going to continue to drive the **** out of it like it was meant to be driven. Suck it low mileage cars
Old 04-24-2012, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SS RRR
We are not talking about Vettes. We are talking about Camaros. They are a wooden nickle a dozen.
No but is a comparison but you need to look at the market as a whole not as a separate entity. the vette was an example and if you look at the classic car market as a whole you will see the same things played out through the market. whether we talk about vetts or chevelles or impalas or bel air which was a crap car equivalent to a camry today.

Look at the mark up of a 69 camaro vs a 69 corvette the vetts were worth more new.

69 corvettes there were 38,762 built and for the 69 camaro there were over a little over 240,000 built. that means if they built an average of 40 thousand corvettes a year they built more camaros then they did steel bumper corvettes in almost one production year of camaros. yet a 69 camaro is worth more then a 69 corvette. so production numbers have nothing to do with it.

there were just over 699,000 1st gen camaros built and approximately 520,000 c3 corvettes were built. Again 1st generation camaros are worth more then c3 corvettes. Not only that i bet there wasnt more then 700,000 forth gens built as some years sales of the 4th gen camaro were as low as 30,000.

from your own stand point of it being a numbers thing its flawed

like i said its not about numbers but about how we or future generations look back and perceive these cars for there flaws or there success.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

You also have to look at the fact that cars back then were built to last. Nowadays, cars are built to last for a while, and then be thrown away. Doesn't matter to me whether my LT1 is worth nothing or a huge amount, I bought it to drive, and beat the **** out of, both of which I do.

Originally Posted by Adam1203
No but is a comparison but you need to look at the market as a whole not as a separate entity. the vette was an example and if you look at the classic car market as a whole you will see the same things played out through the market. whether we talk about vetts or chevelles or impalas or bel air which was a crap car equivalent to a camry today.

Look at the mark up of a 69 camaro vs a 69 corvette the vetts were worth more new.

69 corvettes there were 38,762 built and for the 69 camaro there were over a little over 240,000 built. that means if they built an average of 40 thousand corvettes a year they built more camaros then they did steel bumper corvettes in almost one production year of camaros. yet a 69 camaro is worth more then a 69 corvette. so production numbers have nothing to do with it.

there were just over 699,000 1st gen camaros built and approximately 520,000 c3 corvettes were built. Again 1st generation camaros are worth more then c3 corvettes. Not only that i bet there wasnt more then 700,000 forth gens built as some years sales of the 4th gen camaro were as low as 30,000.

from your own stand point of it being a numbers thing its flawed

like i said its not about numbers but about how we or future generations look back and perceive these cars for there flaws or there success.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its kind of irrelevant to argue about this. but i find it hard to imagine any decent miles stock/mostly stock v8 4th gen not at least retaining its value. hard to imagine lt1/lt4 ws6/ss/firehawks not gaining some value