LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Breaking Up After 5K RPM

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 09:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breaking Up After 5K RPM

Guys, I need some input on this problem. I am having some bad break up after 5K RPM under load and in park. I have an after market tach with a shift light. The tach signal is hooked to my MSD box. The shift light flashes when its breaking up at 5K and it is set to light up at 6K. The MSD is set to 6200. Opti is new, plugs wires and MSD are new. Fuel pump is new Racetronix with wire kit. I logged a run with DataMaster if anyone wants to see it. No codes have been thrown!

Any ideas???

Last edited by Big Bad Bud; 04-26-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Big Bad Bud
Guys, I need some input on this problem. I am having some bad break up after 5K RPM under load and in park. I have an after market tach with a shift light. The tach signal is hooked to my MSD box. The shift light flashes when its breaking up at 5K and it is set to light up at 6K. The MSD is set to 6200. Opti is new, plugs wires and MSD are new. Fuel pump is new Racetronix with wire kit. I logged a run with DataMaster if anyone wants to see it. No codes have been thrown!

Any ideas???

What exactly do u mean by break up? Try taking all that gunk off...and try to feel if the break up is no longer there. Could be bad wiring...loose ground.
Swap in a stock coil to find out minus the toys.

What are you gapped at?
Old 04-26-2012, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

what do you have your msd plugged into for tach referance?

Quick Reply: Breaking Up After 5K RPM