LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Will Energy Suspension 3.18130 work on a ws6

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 09:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Energy Suspension 3.18130 work on a ws6

I bought the energy suspension 3.18130 kit for my 1997 Trans Am WS6. The ad said it would fit all 93-97 trans ams unless they had 1LE suspension. I ordered the kit but started thinking about the 32mm front sway bar on a ws6. In trying to find out if the kit will even work I see all these posts saying poly is junk. I opened the kit and the front sway bar bushing has 30mm right on it. I want to hear some opinions. Should I send the kit back and use rubber, should I use some of the kit and use rubber on the front control arms or will
the stuff even work on a WS6. I paid $150 for the set which includes:

•Front Control Arm Bushings
•Rear Control Arm Bushings
•Front Sway Bar Bushings - 30mm
•Front End Link Set
•Rear Sway Bar Bushings - 19mm
•Rear End Link Set
•Torque Arm Mount
•Rear Panhard Bar Bushings
•Tie Rod End Boots

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-30-2012, 09:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am not a fan of just changing bushings. There is far more to be gained by changing the components themselves than just the bushings.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless you are going road racing stick with stock rubbers. I have the pollies and I hate them. You feel every little ripple in the road and any type of road noise and vibration feels like it is amplified by them. Warning strips on the road feel like speed bumps.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:10 PM
Teching In

I am not just changing bushings. I have my motor and tranny out and the bushings and ball joints are trash and Need To Be Replaced. I am not d changing sway bars or control arms just replacing worn out parts.
Old 04-28-2021, 06:35 AM
Teching In

You need to pay attention to the products from Energy Suspension ... NOT that they are bad products in any way, but their information website have VERY CONFUSING descriptions.
For instance when you look for parts for a 1999 Camaro V8 on their official website ( http://energysuspension.com/ ), you'll get a list of parts and kits that fit that vehicle. BUT when you look in the detailed descriptions you'll find out that the Torque Arm Bushing which is part of the Complete Bushings Kit may not be described as compatible for that car if you look at the product page of the Torque Arm Bushing itself.
Anyway, a 1999 Camaro V8 is supposed to have a Torque Arm with lips facing AWAY from the Driveshaft, and that's pretty much what you need to know in that case.
So, in the end, "Energy Suspension" really needs to UPDATE the information on the product pages of their website ... 'cause for the moment (end of April 2021) there are pretty mind boggling confusing descriptions in these pages.

Quick Reply: Will Energy Suspension 3.18130 work on a ws6