LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Car threw these codes, need help troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 02:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Car threw these codes, need help troubleshooting

Well ive been dealing with yet another missfire or bogging or backfiring issue on and off ever since i put headers on my lt1. A friend and i accidentally broke the temp sensor and it spewed cool juice all over everything and possibly could have got my opti wet. Before headers i took off my throttle body and gave it a real good cleaning but didnt drive it much before putting headers on but i was thinking my position sensor may have gotten tweeked during that. Anyways after poking at it for a good month or so i decided to have it scanned and these are my codes

26 - Evap purge circuit (because of Evap delete)

66 - AC pressure sensor circuit problem (removed AC)

13 - O2 sensor Bank 1 (could have been caused by the header install)

18 - Injector Circuit (clueless) possible wiring short maybe?

16 - Low resolution pulse failure (sign of opti sickness)

36 - High resolution pulse failure (sign of opti sickness)

Ive already decided to get an opti but the one im really confused about is code 18. any suggestions on what it may be or where to begin checking? i asked if it could be a bad injector and was told that the 18 code means its in the wiring or maybe a possible bad connection.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Optispark tells the injectors when to fire. If you think the optispark is bad it is probably related.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks, i never thought of that. I guess my main goal is to get the opti replaced then ill have it scanned again. My mechanic cleared all the codes and said that sometimes they dont come back but in this case i dont theres any getting around the opti replacement. Im really not looking forward to it lol

Quick Reply: Car threw these codes, need help troubleshooting