LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

questions about a lt1

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 09:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He probably "beat" the C6 because the C6 was some old guy with his cruise control on
Old 05-07-2012, 09:38 AM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by 97badass
Almost forgot, he says my car is **** and all he knows about it is it has a lq4 with a car intake manifold.
That still isn't finished, and he has an even bigger **** talking ****** of a friend with an lt1 they both like to race on Facebook.
Look at the big picture, personalities like that will end up either blowing their **** up, wrecking/landing in jail, or just plain losing interest and disappear if they don't die first. Not really worth proving anything to them IMO.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Look at the big picture, personalities like that will end up either blowing their **** up, wrecking/landing in jail, or just plain losing interest and disappear if they don't die first. Not really worth proving anything to them IMO.
This x10,000 I can think of 10 people easily that I've come across like this. People who are this ignorant obviously aren't really that interested in the passion if they don't even take the time to learn.

Reminds me of a couple guys. One who drove a 99 Alero with stick on hood scoops, and another who had a bone stock '94 Z28 that had an air intake made out of dryer hose and a hardcore miss. The alero wouldn't race me because "he knew he would win"...I havent seen that car or the kid for years now, and I definitely put the '94 in his place when I got him to race.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll have you know old guys like to drive fast too...
Old 05-07-2012, 05:45 PM
11 Second Club

Ok so a kid I know got an lt1 6 speed formula, headers, catback, lt4 hotcam, msd opti, cai, 1le elbow, rebuilt engine.
Now keep in mind he is domesticated rice. Talks a lot of **** and comes up with every excuse he can for why he lost!
He raced a c6 on the highway from a roll and won
Raced another lt1 camaro that was more modded and got his *** handed to him. He had no traction, oh I was pulling on him, my clutch was slipping, blah blah blah.
Beat a stock powerstroke woopie doo...
Has never been to a timed track but somehow knows his car is in the 12's? Is that possible with the given setup?
Oh and he could also beat a gto that runs 11.41????
I'm just. Afraid the kid is gonna get his stupid *** killed, either by one of my buddies (calling everyone out and calling people with nice cars that don't race ******) or street racing.
/rant
Dahh...

Hotcam and headers likely gets him in the high 12s. And I say that with all the confidence that a capitalized, underscored, ITALICIZED: MAYBE... can produce.

How's the tune?

Good enough to beat a car with significantly more CI meat on the hook, vastly superior heads, thus greater horse-power and torque? (like a 75HP/Tq deficit) Soo... I gotta call on that one.

Otherwise, that's one bad-*** tune for a car with a set of headers and a cam.

But it's possible I guess.

Of course the clock... Now she's a cold blooded, blood-suckin' BIOTCH, who finds great satisfaction in breaking the hearts of those who don't know her and claim to run 12 seconds on her 1/4 mile.

No Slicks? 60' is gonna cost him 2-2.5... and it's a LONG WAY HOME FROM THERE BABY!

But hey... stranger things have happened. But he's gonna chew that clutch to sawdust getting it done. So tell him to save up... The Clock, she gets what's hers.

My opinion...

GET THE VIDEO!

Last edited by OVA1; 05-07-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS Sick
I'll have you know old guys like to drive fast too...

Old 05-07-2012, 11:26 PM
Staging Lane

This "ricers" lt1 will run in the 12's with a good traction, but a decent driver in a gto will beat him everytime, as for the corvette the driver WAS NOT racing he would have beat him, if it was a z06 he would have killed him. To be asking questions like this makes me think your a little intimidated by him, just tell him straight up to prove it or shut up, if he doesnt prove it just say "thats what I thought" he'll get mad and you may want to clock him in the jaw, after that he wont talk so much when your around, and your 6.0 lt1 with a hundred shot might not be enough to get down to 10 sec., put some drag slicks on it and you might pull it off.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm estimating low 11's but won't know for sure till I run it. I've got plenty of weight reduction but yet still a safe dd. The main piece of weight reduction I need will be from mwc.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:34 PM
Banned Troll Account Created By WhiteKnight '01

You mad bro?

Race the kid and make him shut the **** up.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by z2877
This "ricers" lt1 will run in the 12's with a good traction, but a decent driver in a gto will beat him everytime, as for the corvette the driver WAS NOT racing he would have beat him, if it was a z06 he would have killed him. To be asking questions like this makes me think your a little intimidated by him, just tell him straight up to prove it or shut up, if he doesnt prove it just say "thats what I thought" he'll get mad and you may want to clock him in the jaw, after that he wont talk so much when your around, and your 6.0 lt1 with a hundred shot might not be enough to get down to 10 sec., put some drag slicks on it and you might pull it off.
Because all GTO's run 12's right?
Old 05-07-2012, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not going to mention the gtos Mods but it is for sure 11.41 can beat a whipple Cobra. (Same class)
My car will be n/a and ill be scared to run the gto for money but just to see how I fare against it I will run him.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not going to mention the gtos Mods but it is for sure 11.41 can beat a whipple Cobra. (Same class)
My car will be n/a and ill be scared to run the gto for money but just to see how I fare against it I will run him.
I like to see that Gto race a Whipple cobra. Tell your friend to stop doing ricer flybye on old people
Old 05-10-2012, 06:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

UPDATE! Now he claims he has 400 rwhp. And has $4000 invested in his car? His car has new bearings and rings and gaskets EVERYTHING ELSE CAME ON THE CAR. he paid $6000 for it with a blown motor.