LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Reman engine

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Reman engine

Working on my car today I found a tag on the side of the block that was covered in dirt/oil. It is an ACDelco tag with a serial number and model # 12465205. On the bottom of the tag is says "remanufactured for general motors".

The engine has four bolt mains, so does this mean that it was one of the engines that got replaced under warranty or did all of the reman engines come with four bolt mains?

Also are the reman engines still a 350 or were they bored out? Or does it just depend what was wrong with the core they were rebuilding? Any info appreciated!
Old 05-13-2012, 06:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Valkyn
Working on my car today I found a tag on the side of the block that was covered in dirt/oil. It is an ACDelco tag with a serial number and model # 12465205. On the bottom of the tag is says "remanufactured for general motors".

The engine has four bolt mains, so does this mean that it was one of the engines that got replaced under warranty or did all of the reman engines come with four bolt mains?

Also are the reman engines still a 350 or were they bored out? Or does it just depend what was wrong with the core they were rebuilding? Any info appreciated!
Some of the warranty replacement engines were 4-bolt remans. Its still a 350 .