LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

6LE front bumper inside PICS

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 02:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ROUDA
there prices are crazy I cant believe anyone buys anything from them . sky high just rip off.
Price you pay for low production custom pieces. As you can tell more than a few people found them worth the $..can't wait to mount mine on my 96Z28.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:42 AM
TECH Addict

^^Yup. Plus its not like 6LE is a giant corporation pumping out **** tons of these so he can make more off less. Hes a fellow enthusiast who will make what WE want so how is it not worth it? What other company will do that unless your a millionare?
Old 06-06-2012, 05:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ROUDA
there prices are crazy I cant believe anyone buys anything from them . sky high just rip off.
Because the market is so filled with different bumpers right? The prices are more than reasonable for what you are getting
Old 06-06-2012, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

each is there own i guess
Old 06-06-2012, 11:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well time to dust off the plastic welder and make something for myself haha. Im not a fan of fg bumpers, crack too easily if you bump something or someone bumps you.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the kind words everyone... As far as cracking, this is made of duraflex, a flexible fiberglass.

Had it on my blue car, scraped it, bumped it, etc... No cracks.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

If I had an LT1 camaro, this would be the on my car.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Thanks for the kind words everyone... As far as cracking, this is made of duraflex, a flexible fiberglass.

Had it on my blue car, scraped it, bumped it, etc... No cracks.
Yeah? Damn thats nice, how much are these again? Would you be able to fill the body line with regular glass also?
Old 06-07-2012, 12:32 AM
TECH Regular

is there fitment issues?
Old 06-07-2012, 04:24 AM
11 Second Club

My bumper is sitting at Ups freight. Hopefully I can pick it up by Friday and have it on sometime next week!
Old 06-07-2012, 04:15 PM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Mine was just delivered. Can't mount it yet as if anyone has noticed or not, you have to drill your own mounting slots. So for fitment issues, it'll be up to you or you shop as to how well it'll fit. Mine had a slight crack on the left eye where the bumper slides into the front part of the 1/4 panel...nothing that a body shop can't fix. The headlight area that's painted black, the driver side isn't as well defined as the ps where it curves but that too can probably be worked over by the body shop, it just looks like the mold maybe didn't cure right on mine at least because when looking at the photos in this thread his looks dead on. I can't complain one bit though for my own personal reasons.

Thanks 6LE for doing this for us!
Old 06-07-2012, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the LS1 version. 6LE products rock, and their customer service is top notch. I wish I could have bought this before I did my front end conversion.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SRZ
Mine was just delivered. Can't mount it yet as if anyone has noticed or not, you have to drill your own mounting slots. So for fitment issues, it'll be up to you or you shop as to how well it'll fit. Mine had a slight crack on the left eye where the bumper slides into the front part of the 1/4 panel...nothing that a body shop can't fix. The headlight area that's painted black, the driver side isn't as well defined as the ps where it curves but that too can probably be worked over by the body shop, it just looks like the mold maybe didn't cure right on mine at least because when looking at the photos in this thread his looks dead on. I can't complain one bit though for my own personal reasons.

Thanks 6LE for doing this for us!
What mounting holes are you referring to? I can't meet UPS delivery times and always seem to work well past there business hours so I plan to pick it up tomorrow.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pillarpod
^^that is not the same bumper. I can't find the thread but he made the bumper himself by cutting a LS and LT bumper in half and putting them together.
Whoever did the work did a very nice job!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:01 PM
TECH Regular

Great looking piece!
Old 06-08-2012, 01:19 AM
TECH Regular

Which UPS location is it at?
Old 06-08-2012, 09:54 AM
TECH Resident

The bumper is awesome, I want one now! I cant wait to see some more pics. How long is the wait on shipping by the way? I didn't catch that throughout the reading. Nice design for sure 6LE!
Old 06-08-2012, 10:26 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokedOutZ28
What mounting holes are you referring to? I can't meet UPS delivery times and always seem to work well past there business hours so I plan to pick it up tomorrow.
You'll see what I'm talking about when you get yours. Unless I just got unfortunate and it was something they left out and wasn't a quality check before shipping. You have two slots on each side of the the bumper that the bumper goes through where you have studs on the frame of the car in which it goes into. The 7 holes that hook up on the front of the bumper w/ the plastic tabs are not drilled out nor are the head light tabs. Really it isn't a big deal, nothing tape used as a template and done yourself.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bizerk1
they fit in it, read the website
Well yeah, I assumed they would fit in it lol. Is there a write-up on the website I didn't see? Because the 98-02 bumpers have 6 mounting holes for the grille while this bumper has none. I guess you'll have to drill it out yourself? I like the shaved look though.

Also, it's probably straightforward, but I can't visualize how you'd mount the fog lights? I haven't had my bumper cover off in years.

Here's the homemade bumper in the video https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-bod...er-w-pics.html
Old 06-08-2012, 10:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SRZ
You'll see what I'm talking about when you get yours. Unless I just got unfortunate and it was something they left out and wasn't a quality check before shipping. You have two slots on each side of the the bumper that the bumper goes through where you have studs on the frame of the car in which it goes into. The 7 holes that hook up on the front of the bumper w/ the plastic tabs are not drilled out nor are the head light tabs. Really it isn't a big deal, nothing tape used as a template and done yourself.
I picked mine up this afternoon and even before I let the guy leave my sight I pulled it out of the box to inspect it! I see exactly what you mean, I have no holes drilled in mine as well and like it you said a good body guy can make those match up with ease. I will post up some more pictures tomorrow when I pull it out of the box at home.

Lol someone needs spell check.

But in all seriousness big thanks to Mark for sticking his neck out there and doing this for the LT1 guys. I was going to sell this car because I just wanted something different but after getting this bumper and driving it all week I am really excited to continue to make it a one of a kind! (along with the other 16 guys lol).

Originally Posted by Lizard King
Also, it's probably straightforward, but I can't visualize how you'd mount the fog lights? I haven't had my bumper cover off in years.
Thats what I have been battling with every since I found out the bumper was on its way. The LS1 fogs bolt to a bracket on the LS1 headlights which clearly the LT1 lights don't have so I think I will need to fab something to make them bolt in as well as extend the wiring harness to make them functional.

Quick Reply: 6LE front bumper inside PICS