LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

How much damage do you guys think this is?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 11:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 96TransAmboosted
Im not going to lie i would have kicked the dads ***. maybe twice because he should have told those little bastards long ago that messing with a mans car is worse then sleeping with his wife.

Does the dad drive a ford or like Mustangs? This would make me think he told them to do it!

On a side note 1400 to paint a front bumper is WAY over priced, 300 a bumper is about what it should be unless all the paint needs to be reomved if so then 600 would be the cost. Your car is going to need a complete repaint to fix the scratches and the swirl marks. i would think 2400 out the door to repair the paint and 1200 for the roof.
You must be either single or in a horrible marriage. Cars get damaged, they can be replaced. If someone so much as thought about the possibility of considering maybe having the inclination of a possibility of actually hitting or hurting my wife in anyway, that person (or persons) would be lucky to be alive after the severe and ruthless beating they will receive from my two very capable and well trained hands.

Paint costs vary based on paint quality, type, layer, prep work, and clear coat. $10K paint jobs are not unheard of, but neither are those Macco jobs for $399 (spray and go).
Old 10-10-2012, 01:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many people in here said $5500 or more to paint the whole car...? Are you all high?

5500 bucks will get you any paint any color pearl candy stripes ghost anything. To repaint the car basically stock with a decent base/clear it should run you no more than a few thousand for a good job.

If you don't need any body work and the extent of the damage is just deep scratches, a paint shop can easily machine sand or da the entire car and use a good 2k primer without having to take it down to bare metal. Honestly from the condition of your paint in the pics, even one of the better Maaco packages will get it looking better than it did, looks like your paint was decent but a bit aged Anyway.

I would never Maaco a car and expect show quality, but for black (easiest color) I would not hesitate to spent a grand at Maaco, you will be pleased with the results. I had a Mercury Marauder in black that suffered similar damage from some punk *** kids... My insurance covered it after they were caught luckily and I got a quote from an expensive shop for about 4300$. Took it to Maaco, told them I'm a body man and I will be picky, payed about $1100 with the special they were running and requested a deep glossy black, and I was very happy with the car when it was done. The only thing I did not pay for was wet sanding. I had them pound on 5 coats of clear and spent a day wet sanding it, and it came out very nice for the money. Used the leftover cash and put it towards my 383 z28 I have now.

Win
Old 10-10-2012, 01:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hrcslam
the severe and ruthless beating they will receive from my two very capable and well trained hands.
Cool story brah

Do you tell your dick its not worthy when u ****?
Old 10-10-2012, 02:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 97z2801ss
Cool story brah

Do you tell your dick its not worthy when u ****?
That's what you got from what I said? Really?! Why are you thinking about my *****?

Quick Reply: How much damage do you guys think this is?