LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Interchangeable vortech parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 09:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interchangeable vortech parts

so i took the impeller and the snail looking part of my v2 sq supercharger and put them onto a v2 t trim, the reason you ask is because the snail looking piece on the t trim was on the opposite side of what my sq was on. so i get that all working and bolted up. no grinding noise etc it moves very smooth and quietly. my only thing is when i go to mount it in the car from the bottom it is very difficult and it seems there is always something in the way. now i took my sq out from the bottom so i figured i'd be ok to put the new one in the same way. is there something im missing here? or do i need to just take a couple more things off to get clearance then put it all back together like the big metal puzzle that it is? i need help guys i love my lt1 camaro and the power it makes but as of now it is nothing more then a heavy expensive paperweight. i would like to get some help so i can just get it all done tomorrow because tonight was just a big fail.
thanks to anyone who can help me.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no you cant swap them. it sounds like you have a reverse rotation head unit. grab the head unit with the pulley facing you. turn it clockwise the impeller should turn counter clockwise. the blade tip should also face counter clockwise.

Quick Reply: Interchangeable vortech parts