LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Question about flywheel bolts for McLeod Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012 | 02:52 PM
Teching In

Default Question about flywheel bolts for McLeod Clutch

Hi everyone I just bought my new Clutch from Mcleod, For my 1996 LT1 Camaro. I was told everything came in the kit by sales man at SK speed he thought that the flywheel bolts where included but before I took it home we opened it up and found that the fly wheel bolts where not included or missing. I used ARP fly wheel bolts on my stock fly wheel last time I did a clutch, would the ARP bolts work with the new fly wheel that came with the new clutch from Mcleod since I don't have it apart yet I need to know will the ARP Bolts Have enough thread ingagement with the new flywheel or will these bottom out in the crank. Otherwise I will have to postpone the instal till next weekend and ask Mcleod on monday. Thanks guys for any info you might have.

Old 07-01-2012 | 10:15 AM
Launching!

It should have come with flywheel bolts as well. I would call McLeod and see if they have a problem with you using the ARP bolts instead.
Old 07-01-2012 | 04:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The thickness of the flywheel should be about the same if not exact. As long as there is enough to thread into the crank I don't see it being a problem.
Old 07-01-2012 | 10:29 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

From: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.

spend the few bucks for a set of ARP bolts, my .02. you won't regret it.
Old 07-02-2012 | 09:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by taner
spend the few bucks for a set of ARP bolts, my .02. you won't regret it.
I already have arp bolts, I used them on the stock flywheel, I just wanted to make shure that they fit the new Mcleod flywheel. do you know if the thickness of the two flywheels are the same?
Old 07-02-2012 | 09:23 PM
hashtagBMW

Originally Posted by gear_driven
I already have arp bolts, I used them on the stock flywheel, I just wanted to make shure that they fit the new Mcleod flywheel. do you know if the thickness of the two flywheels are the same?
They should be the same. The head depth on the ARP's is to fit OEM stuff and McLeod is built to spec.

I had to do the same thing with my McLeod, I ran to a local parts house and got some ARPs and it worked.
Old 07-04-2012 | 08:34 PM
Teching In

Default Update from Mcleod

Originally Posted by gear_driven
Mcleod called me back yesterday, they said that the arp bolts will work with there flywheel but they do sell there own bolts but they are sold separate. The bolt kit is availible through Mcleod.

Quick Reply: Question about flywheel bolts for McLeod Clutch