LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Another engine temp related thread & engine hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 05:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by defaultexistence
The low oil light most certainly will not keep the fans from coming on, mine is unplugged completely because I have a deeper pan on my new motor and no provisions for the dummy sensor .. And I have the ever so annoying light lit and fans work as commanded... Just been to lazy to jumper the pigtail to turn the light off.. Now on some cars the low oil situation will cut fuel ... Not fans
That's good to know, I wasn't sure if the oil sensor contributed but I thought it might because on my car my oil light comes on sometimes, but my coolant sensor seems to be fine. Must be something else then.

So you mentioned sometimes low oil cuts fuel, now could that happen (like in my case) if the sensor is faulty and causes the light to turn on, or would that only happen if there truly was a lack of oil regardless of what the sensor says?
Old 07-24-2012, 06:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See now I read everything on Shbox.com about testing the fans involving the ECM sensor on the water pump and the gauge sensor on the DS head, my readings are all accurate but my fans still turn on way late.

So my sensors MUST be fine, but then why are my fans not turning on till the gauge gets 3/4 hot near overheating? The tune should fix it, but it's bothering me and if it's another issue causing it I don't want to just cover it up with a tune and call it fixed.

With the scanner in Livedata, my ECT (temp the PCM see's from the WP sensor) is accurate with my gauge reading from the DS head sensor so both must be good. I know the temp is accurate as well because the engine is way too hot, even to the touch when I pop the hood it's so damn hot it can't be right.

Quick Reply: Another engine temp related thread & engine hesitation