LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

14.3:1cr 398ci combo dyno#s pics and New videos added to first post!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 08:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xDetroitMetalx
Yeah thanks! I like your build more though, that power is awesome, when I first read this I didn't doubt it for a second. A friend of mine (the guy that is working on my car now) is building a very nice 396 and he used the EA Performance software which projected numbers on his very close to yours. He thinks it is not possible, I think he's wrong!
Thanks lol,far as your buddy goes I don't no his intended use but he may very well make more power! My heads are basically untouched,intake only port matched and cam could've been more aggressive..So there is more on the table if he addresses those things.However I do run quite a bit of compression which I'm sure is helping power output.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hit em Up
Thanks lol,far as your buddy goes I don't no his intended use but he may very well make more power! My heads are basically untouched,intake only port matched and cam could've been more aggressive..So there is more on the table if he addresses those things.However I do run quite a bit of compression which I'm sure is helping power output.
I don't know what your goals are, but it must be nice to know that you can always have your heads ported, turn up the wick on the cam, and make even more power if you really wanted .
Old 08-18-2012, 11:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Puck
I don't know what your goals are, but it must be nice to know that you can always have your heads ported, turn up the wick on the cam, and make even more power if you really wanted .
Lol,well far as goals are concerned I really wanted to build this setup to run as close to 9s on motor as possible.Then with the flick of a switch be able to run in the 8s..I feel this setup is capable of these goals if I execute properly.I like the fact that it makes good power and isn't maxxed out leaving me room to grow.How much longer on your build can't wait to see it come together? And upgrading on bike or too many tickets lol??
Old 08-19-2012, 11:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Lol,well far as goals are concerned I really wanted to build this setup to run as close to 9s on motor as possible.Then with the flick of a switch be able to run in the 8s..I feel this setup is capable of these goals if I execute properly.I like the fact that it makes good power and isn't maxxed out leaving me room to grow.How much longer on your build can't wait to see it come together? And upgrading on bike or too many tickets lol??
Ugh my response disappeared, I replied last night.

My motor just needs head studs and I can finish it up, but then I still need a lot of stuff before it will be track ready. I'll be breaking it in on an engine dyno so at least I will have some numbers finally to get me motivated again. Probably just going to borrow their carb/dizzy for the engine dyno, and it will have a 95 PCM/Dynaspark temporarily when I put it in the car. The motor will want over 7k so eventually I will be getting an aftermarket computer setup.

Bike is being sold for a more comfortable one for longer trips, I have my eyes on the 2012 ZX14R. I rode my friends 2010 and it is an amazing bike, and the new '12 model is even better. Soooo comfortable and scary fast. My little ZX6 was a nice commuter but I pretty much ruined my bike with all the race mods and now its loud, uncomfortable, and spins crazy RPMs on the highway because of the gearing. I just tossed it up recently on the high side for its year since I'm not in a rush to sell it because I plan on waiting a month or two for the end of the year sales on the 2012s.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Village Troll

Received 534 Likes on 386 Posts

... 2012 ZX14R...
Mother of God... Those bikes are nummy!
Old 08-19-2012, 12:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Mother of God... Those bikes are nummy!
Surprisingly comfortable, multiple levels of traction control/wheelie control, TONS of power, and shockingly nimble for such a big heavy bike.

I fell in love!
Old 08-19-2012, 12:55 PM
On The Tree

Ugh my response disappeared, I replied last night.

My motor just needs head studs and I can finish it up, but then I still need a lot of stuff before it will be track ready. I'll be breaking it in on an engine dyno so at least I will have some numbers finally to get me motivated again. Probably just going to borrow their carb/dizzy for the engine dyno, and it will have a 95 PCM/Dynaspark temporarily when I put it in the car. The motor will want over 7k so eventually I will be getting an aftermarket computer setup.

Bike is being sold for a more comfortable one for longer trips, I have my eyes on the 2012 ZX14R. I rode my friends 2010 and it is an amazing bike, and the new '12 model is even better. Soooo comfortable and Scary fast. My little ZX6 was a nice commuter but I pretty much ruined my bike with all the race mods and now its loud, uncomfortable, and spins crazy RPMs on the hihway because of the gearing. I just tossed it up recently on the high side for its year since I'm not in a rush to sell it because I plan on waiting a month or two for the end of the year sales on the 2012s.

What are your goals for horse power? You no once you put that carb and distributor on there you're not going look back...seriously I cant wait too see your results. With bike I knew it was one or the other!! I got a few tickets that made me consider selling mine lol...
Old 08-19-2012, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

I posted video of one of the dyno pulls in link plus more pics as well!!
Old 08-19-2012, 02:09 PM
TECH Veteran

What are your goals for horse power? You no once you put that carb and distributor on there you're not going look back...seriously I cant wait too see your results. With bike I knew it was one or the other!! I got a few tickets that made me consider selling mine lol...
I'm hoping/expecting to hit 650 or so on an engine dyno.

Less cubes and compression, and a smaller duration cam but with higher lift and probably more aggressive lobes. Heads are same CC's but heavily ported and probably flow a little bit more then yours, and I have a bigger intake manifold and a 4bbl Tb. In bench racing land, I should be good for ~15 or so less hp then your build with all things being considered .
Old 08-19-2012, 03:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Speed Density
Sounds like a fancy list of expensive parts without much preparation.
Quote:
I'm hoping/expecting to hit 650 or so on an engine dyno.

Less cubes and compression, and a smaller duration cam but with higher lift and probably more aggressive lobes. Heads are same CC's but heavily ported and probably flow a little bit more then yours, and I have a bigger intake manifold and a 4bbl Tb. In bench racing land, I should be good for ~15 or so less hp then your build with all things being considered .

I thought that comment was funny lol...What are you running for compression and is rest of the car up to the task yet? I have to finish my safety equipment,cage,chute maybe,window net etc.My local track is usually pretty cool for a few passes before they in force the rules.I'm waiting on a few parts and I should have this thing running and post a few vids!!
Old 08-19-2012, 04:32 PM
TECH Veteran

I thought that comment was funny lol...What are you running for compression and is rest of the car up to the task yet? I have to finish my safety equipment,cage,chute maybe,window net etc.My local track is usually pretty cool for a few passes before they in force the rules.I'm waiting on a few parts and I should have this thing running and post a few vids!!
12.5 CR so I can run pump gas and pretend its a street car .

Rest of the car is NOWHERE NEAR ready...need new k-member, cage, transmission, stall, and rear end.

A lot has to change from my 11.7x stock shortblock setup to keep stuff from breaking .
Old 08-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Launching!

Hey nice numbers man...not too bad for a bunch of fancy parts!
Old 09-03-2012, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

Well since I couldn't make the shootout I was determined to finally get my car running!!! Here is a lil walk around I did at the last second tonight so pardon the cell phone footage..I literally got the car running yesterday and today was the first time out.I'm extremely pleased on how well it ran,very powerful and in 85degree heat stayed at around 170. It is however very greedy on the gas which was expected.I have some frame reinforcement to do and then off to the track!! Enjoy more vids to come soon..
Old 09-03-2012, 11:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice cant wait to see some track times!!! How much does she weigh??? Man this makes me want mine Done Need one of those Money Trees LoL
Old 09-03-2012, 11:37 PM
TECH Veteran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg6uHpH5QwI&feature=plcp

Well since I couldn't make the shootout I was determined to finally get my car running!!! Here is a lil walk around I did at the last second tonight so pardon the cell phone footage..I literally got the car running yesterday and today was the first time out.I'm extremely pleased on how well it ran,very powerful and in 85degree heat stayed at around 170. It is however very greedy on the gas which was expected.I have some frame reinforcement to do and then off to the track!! Enjoy more vids to come soon..
Sucks you came so close to making it, but at least now you have a lot of time to dial it in so it will be at its full potential next year

I'm hoping to be done as well, but even though the motor is done it's not installed yet and I still have a ton of work to do before the car is track ready again. Looks like there may be a few "Fancy Part" having AFR headed strokers next year .
Old 09-03-2012, 11:54 PM
On The Tree

Sucks you came so close to making it, but at least now you have a lot of time to dial it in so it will be at its full potential next year

I'm hoping to be done as well, but even though the motor is done it's not installed yet and I still have a ton of work to do before the car is track ready again. Looks like there may be a few "Fancy Part" having AFR headed strokers next year .
Yeah I really tried to make it!! I really look forward to next year,I no everyone says that but I'm serious lol. Can't wait to see them "fancy parts" in action lol..
Old 09-04-2012, 12:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by warriorcustoms
Nice cant wait to see some track times!!! How much does she weigh??? Man this makes me want mine Done Need one of those Money Trees LoL
Thx,yeah I'm itching to get to the track to dial it in.Far as weight I believe it's around 3250 with me in it but haven't weighed it recently.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Youll be in the low 10s on motor & 9s with some Spray??? IF She hooks Good Luck
Old 09-05-2012, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by warriorcustoms
Youll be in the low 10s on motor & 9s with some Spray??? IF She hooks Good Luck
Well the hooking part is what concerns me lol,,It will probably hook to well and I have to dial it back!! Guess that's a good problem to have.Right now I'm focused on running my best na et's then I will concentrate on the nitrous and never look back because that's what it was intended for.I have a few more weight reduction things to do so I'm really pushing for low low 10s na hopefully.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:55 PM
On The Tree

Smile

Well if all goes well I plan to head out to the track Sunday.I may not have the nitrous ready in time but either way I will be aggressive on the motor passes.I changed few things on suspension so I will test on the street before track day.Im hoping for a 10.200 first time out Na.Tall order I no but hopefully everything cooperates lol..I will post track vids afterwards also.What do you think I will run??

Quick Reply: 14.3:1cr 398ci combo dyno#s pics and New videos added to first post!!