LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Where to start...7+ yrs later

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 02:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where to start...7+ yrs later

Man oh man... Let see I've been working on this for about 7yrs. Really like 1 year, after this I had taken the car to a friends shop where it sat rotting away. Out of sight out of mind.... Don't know what happened but I was helping my dad clean his shop yesterday when I saw it!

Didn't know what it was at 1st as it was wrapped in a black bag. But there it sat all new and shiny with no rust on anything for 6 yrs. So I've decided to finish up little by little to get it on the road at least. Then paint, body, and interior. I have a mad hook up on that so it just be the cost of materials.

I will end with a question. I know its hard to tell on this photo below but where would be the ideal place to drill and weld for an oil line to the pan for a turbo? I will take better pics tomorrow as I took this during my lunch hour today.

Just to show. No rust!
Old 08-10-2012, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

try the forced induction section: https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction-9/
Old 08-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Staging Lane

Just above where the oil level will be in the pan. Not to high so it wont splash. Try not to make to many bends from turbo to pan. You want a direct quick drain.