LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

93 TA What To Do About A Tune

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 10:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by defaultexistence
Easy enough to just make one , just be sure to solder the ECM wire to o2 splice you make aft of the OEM weather pack connection.. Crush tubes just won't do
I can't recall but stock does the car come with one or two O2 sensors stock? Where is the Weather Pack Connection located?

Joe
Old 08-02-2012, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by StraightTimeStirrups
I can't recall but stock does the car come with one or two O2 sensors stock? Where is the Weather Pack Connection located?

Joe
They have two from the factory. I bought 2 Delco sensors and the 4-wire weather pack harness from my local dealer ( gave them the part numbers for a '94 camaro) and then I bought some wire and soldered all the connections and used shrink wrap and plugged them in. Works like a charm. I ran my power and ground wires through the transmission hole in the floor and wrapped most of it in convoluted tube, and then ran the power wire to an ignition triggered input on my fuse block inside the car. I hooked the ground to an existing ground right near the shifter and parking brake.

As far as the tune goes. ( Disconnect the battery first!) Just go to the upper left hand (passenger side) of your engine bay, and the computer will be sitting right behind the passenger strut tower. Take the 2 10MM bolts out and slowly pull it out the space it's in. then loosen the 2 10MM nuts on the plastic case that surrounds it, and put that aside. There is a little cover on the top side of the computer. take that off and you will see the chip in there ( it's blue in color). Now you have to be careful, and push down the tabs on each side of the factory tune and it will pop out. Then all you do once you have the new tune from PCMforless, is plug the stock tune onto the exposed prongs of the chip you received, and then clip it back into the computer. Don't force these things on either. there is only one way they can go so make sure they are oriented correctly and then snap then into place. Then put it all back together. Wish I had pictures for you.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:37 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks for all of your help guys! This is my first time messing with Computer Cars. I have built plenty of Double Pumper cars in the past but never one of these guys!

Joe
Old 08-04-2012, 02:31 AM
TECH Regular

Basically you just wire in 12v to the correct wire.. I tapped the fuse/relay box for 12v when IGN key is switched on.. Google or search here for diagrams .. It's easy and makes for better idle ,tuning and milage ... I went back to delco afs75's be sure to use only them.. All other brands rich/lean thresholds are off and cause issues..
Do you have a schematic on how to wire the new heated O2's? I have no idea which is ground, Keyed Hot and Sensor and I am not sure what the 4th wire does.

Joe
Old 08-04-2012, 02:32 AM
TECH Regular

You need an adaptor from moates to plug the new chip into ... I have a good bolt on 93 tune for you if you want..
Mike
PM Sent. Where do I find this Moates Adaptor?

Joe
Old 08-06-2012, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You don't need an adapter for the tune, you just attach the original chip to the one you get from PCMforless and then press it back into the computer.