LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Ok i need help, and a good debate

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012 | 05:35 PM
Staging Lane

Just another idea I'm kicking around, supercharging it. I've always kind of thought about going down this road, and my thought process is I already have the motor torn down to the core. How long will it be before I do that again? So do I extend the build save up forge the bottom end get a custom cam etc and supercharge it? Or do I just stay cam only?
Old 08-22-2012 | 08:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Blake956er
Just another idea I'm kicking around, supercharging it. I've always kind of thought about going down this road, and my thought process is I already have the motor torn down to the core. How long will it be before I do that again? So do I extend the build save up forge the bottom end get a custom cam etc and supercharge it? Or do I just stay cam only?
Just make a decision if you want to go blown or not.....if so, you could get away with just some forged dished pistons to lower CR; or put a whole forged bottom end....it will just be a sub-par performer with the cam until it's supercharged, but still drivable and faster than stock.
Old 08-27-2012 | 01:56 AM
Staging Lane

I am really wanting to supercharge now, so do you think I would be safe with forged rods and pistons? And if anybody knows anyone with a procharger(;
Old 08-27-2012 | 01:58 AM
Staging Lane

Also its not unrealistic to want to dd it with a reasonable amount of boost right?
Old 09-07-2012 | 11:03 PM

I have a 1995 camaro v6, i want to put my 1995 caprice lt1 in the camaro. First time, i have everything for it just need some advice. 1- wiring harness and brain box out of the caprice, will it hook right up to the camaro excisting wiring harness. 2- will i have to get a new k member or will the one on the caprice work on the camaro. 3- I have hooker headers on the lt1 will they be ok on the motor when i put it in the camaro, (is there enough room) 4- Caprice rear end fit in the camaro? I think that is the important questions, Its a old cop car, the 1995 9c1 chevy caprice, its a beast headers chipped programed. I also have eibach springs everything will fit on the camaro right, maybe a little modifications. Any help will help me, thanks guys. let me no
Old 09-08-2012 | 05:02 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry I haven't posted in a while guys school just started and I finally picked up a new job do I have been pretty busy. But I went out yesterday and started tackling the v6. I didn't have a whole lot of time but I was able to get all hoses off of motor, battery out, throttle cable, master cylinder out of the way etc. all of the simple stuff pretty much. One thing I'm struggling with is the sway bars on both cars. I am somewhat confused on how to get them out. I pulled the lt1 with no trans out the top but now I'm getting ready to remove v6 and trans through bottom and lt1 rolling front subframe out of the bottom cause I think it will be easier and faster. But back to the sway bars, I got the four bolts out two on each side. What's next? Do I have to lift them upwards? I'm sorry I know that's probably a rookie question but keep in mind.. I'm pretty much a rookie.(;

I've decided I am going to re pin the harnesses because I think it is going to be easiest. And I don't want to swap out the whole body harness because I'd like to keep my crank windows believe it or not. I've read power windows in these cars are hell.

I have a few more questions regaurding my lt1 build, if I get forged rods and pistons and I get pistons to lower my compression is there somewhere in the middle I can safely run boost but run the motor n/a until I can afford to slap on the supercharger? And I'm really wanting the cc503 cam I live the sound and of it will it work well with a supercharger or would I be that much better off just getting a custom grind? I think as far as te exhaust I'm going to run a nice queit magna flow with a cutout right after the long tubes and y.

I will try to keep updated more frequently now that I have an iPhone again and I will finally be able to post the pictures I was promising in the next few hours!

I'm sure I will think of more questions in the next few minutes so I'll be on and checking the post, thanks a lot! Blake

Quick Reply: Ok i need help, and a good debate