LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Remanufactured LT1 Crate Engine?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 04:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Remanufactured LT1 Crate Engine?

I'm looking at the side of my LT1 not too long ago and noticed a plate saying "Four Star Engines" and found a blue plate just to the right of it with "Production No: 900326" and it also says " Remanufacture code" but I can't see that code due to the plate being right above the engine mount, I can't move around to see it with the starter and exhaust right in my line of sight. So what is known about this company? The engine has been bored .060 with speed pro hypereutectic pistons. Is there any way to contact the company and maybe determine the mileage on the engine itself based on a date it was manufactured? I would love to contact the previous owner of the vehicle but there's a funny story on how I aquired my 95 Firebird, the owner went to jail or something and this car was abandonded at his apartment, so my dad (owns his own towing company) impounded it and the owner never claimed the vehicle, so legally it is titled to us and is our property with a little bit of paper work, so I wouldn't like to call them and have the guy argue with me over who's car it should be, plus its against the towing regulations to contact previous owners.
Attached Thumbnails Remanufactured LT1 Crate Engine?-img483.jpg   Remanufactured LT1 Crate Engine?-img484.jpg  
Old 10-29-2012, 05:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

A reman is in all likelyhood a big step backwards from stock. I would not worry about details on it, I would sooner worry about replacing it if you want to start doing boltons and such. I would sooner run a junkyard engine.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:25 PM
TECH Addict

I just did a quick search and one guys believes they come from Car Quest, If you have one in your area call them up
Old 10-29-2012, 05:27 PM
TECH Regular

I googled and found this maybe them its the only four star engine builders listed

http://www.cdnauto.org/provinces/alb...w.asp?key=1161
Old 10-29-2012, 05:28 PM
TECH Addict

http://www.fourstarengines.com/
Old 10-29-2012, 05:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
A reman is in all likelyhood a big step backwards from stock. I would not worry about details on it, I would sooner worry about replacing it if you want to start doing boltons and such. I would sooner run a junkyard engine.
There is no need to change the motor unless you are really going to miss the possible 10hp it could lack over a stock one from old school thick rings and a single angle valve job. It's not that big of a deal lol
Old 10-29-2012, 08:08 PM
Staging Lane

Well I looked up the company with no luck of a webpage. I called about 4 numbers I was given, all of which have been disconnected. I found an address and looked at the facility on google maps and the place looks completely run down and abandoned with no cars, rusted roof tops, spider cracked concrete parking lot, ect. I guess they are no longer in business?
Old 10-29-2012, 11:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by fergymoto
There is no need to change the motor unless you are really going to miss the possible 10hp it could lack over a stock one from old school thick rings and a single angle valve job. It's not that big of a deal lol

If doing boltons and such I would worry about wounding it more than the few HP you are talking about. Maybe not worry about changing it but at least have a plan for what to do if it fails.

"reman" stuff is often bottom of the barrel

Quick Reply: Remanufactured LT1 Crate Engine?