LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lt1 won't crank help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt1 won't crank help!

Hey guys I have a 1994 camaro z28. My problem started after I changed my spark plug wire cables the car wouldn't start anymore. I'm pretty sure I wired them all correctly since I took my time and took them of 1 by 1 1 and I double checked with diagram I found here.. So my question is do you guys think the cables are bad and caused it to misfire because it went on then turned off right away? Also I kept trying to turn it on and fed it has and I heard a loud click I think I messed up my starter because after the car wouldn't crank at all. So I took my starter off and went got it checked at oreilly's and the said it was working fine put it back on and still no crank at all . Any ideas of what I should try next ??
Old 11-13-2012, 05:08 PM
TECH Regular

You changed the plugs and wires, then you cranked it over and over and it wouldn't start. Now it won't crank at all?
Old 11-13-2012, 05:34 PM
TECH Resident

could be a couple things. if i was you i would check for 12v on the big wire on the starter to make sure you have 12v if not that cable is bad. then check the little wire on the starter for 12v when your cranking the engine. if not its something in the ignition system. if you have 12v on both. i would bench test the starter to make sure its good. then the only thing left is a siezed engine
Old 11-13-2012, 06:29 PM

Yea I kept cranking it. I changed my starter like 2 months ago when I changed my optispark I also did my spark plugs then didn't change the wires until now didn't have enough money to do it then but my old wires where in pretty good condition still . I don't know if i got a set of faulty wires maybe ? I'm going to check my icm my harness could it be that also?? Thanks anything will help now. And I don't its seized I did my oil today also it turned on fine when I did the first half ( driver side ) then after I did the other half is when I started getting problems

Quick Reply: Lt1 won't crank help!