LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

How Much Boost?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 05:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Are you just being stupid trying to blindly argue?

The act of compressing the air alone heats it.

Also the available LT1 supercharger kits are centrifugal which is the same basic technology as a turbo just turned by the crank instead of exhaust backpressure.
A positive displacement supercharger can heat the air more than a centrifugal/turbo does but VERY few of those have landed on LT1s. Even at that though a few extra degrees of IAT isn't going to really compare to combustion temps and restricting that heat.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lt1needingboost
..... but i would b curious to know the size of the turbo used where 7# caused faused failure was there fuel issues were they running a rich (safer) tune or were they pushing it.....
Im not sure if you were refering to my donor car statement above.... but it was 100k 93 A4 with a P1SC on it.....
Old 11-26-2012, 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The key to ANY FI vehicle is in the tune. a Quality tune will be THE deciding factor on how long the setup lives. PERIOD. If you don't agree then you have no reason to even post in this thread.

a Few things can help a FI build on a stock block. an intercooler to keep the temps down, knowing that the stock stuff has its limitations, and stay conservative. E85 can help a bit but requires more fueling upgrades. Meth really is just stupid for this kind of build. keep the rpms to 5800. stock bearings have been stressed, any increased in rpm further as well as increased pressures will significantly put them to the test. Don't get greedy for more. If that happens do a mild rebuild with forged pistons and THEN up the boost/timing.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by popo8
Im not sure if you were refering to my donor car statement above.... but it was 100k 93 A4 with a P1SC on it.....
i was alil just was curious more than anything i have a couple friends that run p1s and p600 w intercoolers that run sub 8# set ups, now they all have very safe some almost to safe of set ups and 2 of them have 100k on there cars w no problems. Now i will say all these cars w the exception of one are weekend toys the other car does make it to the track but he foot brakes and babies it...................and to the statement refering to tuning, it is the key to longevity on any car FI NITROUS AND NA.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Teching In

I have a procharger on my 95 corvette. Initially I had a problem with belt slippage
which is baddddd. We fixed that by running a seperate belt for the blower and a dedicated idler made by "Brand X" in Florida..car has a mild Lingenfelter cam with heavy springs, mild porting... After tuning on dyno she put out 519 at the wheels... 42lb injectors were at 95% duty cycle at 6500 rpm and fuel pressure at 46 lbs. Really need 60lb injectors... still gets good mileage ( 22-25 ) on highway but hardly ever drive it anymore because my wife wont ride with me and I'm a bit old at 70.

Quick Reply: How Much Boost?