LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Just bought a 1995 Camaro "ZR28" ? *PICS ADDED*

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 03:52 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a 1995 Camaro "ZR28" ? *PICS ADDED*

Howdy, totaled my '01 Z28, so had to replace it..stumbled by accident across a random 1995 Camaro Z28 with 65,000 miles that someone traded in at a automax in Killeen, TX...walked up to the car its badged with "ZR28 and G2" its got LG motorsport world challenge 17" wheels, LG Diff cover, ZR28 TB Plate, Powerdyne Supercharger, msd opti, accel 300+, stainless headers, ypipe, magnaflow exhaust, brand new NITTO T555 tires, Eibach Springs, AEM Wideband and Boost Gauge panel.recipts in the glove box for over $7k worth of work, Comp Pro-Magnum Rockers, pushrods, completely rebuilt transmission with stall and shift kit, etc...I was able to get ahold of the previous owner he said it was a LG Motorsports package by Lou Gigliotti here in Texas back in 1995, said he traded it, has a baby on the way etc etc...does this all sound accurate to anyone? I got the car for $5800.00(with the miles the book value is more then that) automax was just gonna send it off to some wholesale auction so I jumped on it, the thing is absolutely MINT..is it a rare package?..did I just get a deal of a lifetime here?

**I cleaned her up, took off the shopping cart side molding, took the body kit off(even though its "part of the ZR28 package, i just cant deal with it) took off all these whack pinstripes and punisher stickers lol, very tacky. I Think she cleaned up nice
Attached Thumbnails Just bought a 1995 Camaro "ZR28" ? *PICS ADDED*-camarozr.jpg   Just bought a 1995 Camaro "ZR28" ? *PICS ADDED*-camarozr28b.jpg   Just bought a 1995 Camaro "ZR28" ? *PICS ADDED*-camarozr28c.jpg   Just bought a 1995 Camaro "ZR28" ? *PICS ADDED*-camarozr28x.jpg   Just bought a 1995 Camaro "ZR28" ? *PICS ADDED*-camarozr28l.jpg  

Just bought a 1995 Camaro "ZR28" ? *PICS ADDED*-camarozr28f.jpg   Just bought a 1995 Camaro "ZR28" ? *PICS ADDED*-camarozr28k.jpg   Just bought a 1995 Camaro "ZR28" ? *PICS ADDED*-camarozr28d.jpg   Just bought a 1995 Camaro "ZR28" ? *PICS ADDED*-camarozr28j.jpg   Just bought a 1995 Camaro "ZR28" ? *PICS ADDED*-camarozr28z.jpg  

Last edited by whiteNrude01; 12-09-2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: pics added
Old 12-09-2012, 06:27 AM
Village Troll

Received 533 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by whiteNrude01
I was able to get ahold of the previous owner he said it was a LG Motorsports package by Lou Gigliotti here in Texas back in 1995, said he traded it, has a baby on the way etc etc...does this all sound accurate to anyone? I got the car for $5800.00(with the miles the book value is more then that) automax was just gonna send it off to some wholesale auction so I jumped on it, the thing is absolutely MINT..is it a rare package?..did I just get a deal of a lifetime here?
I haven't heard of a ZR in a real long time. Yes it is accurate. As far as value is concerned it has to do more with the eye of the beholder. Those cars may have been somewhat known back in the 90's, but as of now, they are non-existent. Kind of like the Hendrix SS. They may have been known back in the day, but good luck getting any more money out of them than a regular SS or even Z28 for that matter. I'm not sure how many of those all out packages sold because the enthusiasts at least around the DFW/Houston area would've rather done installs like that themselves instead of paying a shop for an install on top of their car payment. I don't recall ever seeing any ZR's at the track back then.
If the car is in great condition and the engine is healthy then enjoy it as a good purchase rather than an investment.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:49 AM
TECH Resident

Wow Ive never heard of one of those before. Pics?
Old 12-09-2012, 11:24 AM
TECH Addict

I had a 94 ZR28, From what I know they were put out then shut down because GM didn't approve the package. Mine had the suspension upgrade, Wish I could find my pics of it.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by djjab57
I had a 94 ZR28, From what I know they were put out then shut down because GM didn't approve the package. Mine had the suspension upgrade, Wish I could find my pics of it.
Wasn't there a dealership in Dallas that tried to sell this package? When I was looking to buy my SS I went to (I think) Friendly Chevrolet and they were trying to talk me out of purchasing my SS for some bolt-on package they were selling and trying to tell me the SLP SS hood was a hazard because it blocked the drivers view.
Can't remember if it had any LG stuff on it, but nonetheless they were claiming it was faster than the SS. I opted to go elsewhere.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Wasn't there a dealership in Dallas that tried to sell this package? When I was looking to buy my SS I went to (I think) Friendly Chevrolet and they were trying to talk me out of purchasing my SS for some bolt-on package they were selling and trying to tell me the SLP SS hood was a hazard because it blocked the drivers view.
Can't remember if it had any LG stuff on it, but nonetheless they were claiming it was faster than the SS. I opted to go elsewhere.
Yeah If i remember right it was Landmark Chevy
Old 12-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Launching!

Im in the middle of detailing her for pics, have them up soon, this paricukar package only had supercharger, lg wheels, badges, and suspension, with hirrible lgmotorsports carbonfiber daah inlays that say zr28, and a white gauge overlay, with zr28 badges, no cool hood or spoiler like some of them
Old 12-09-2012, 02:33 PM
TECH Addict

Im in the middle of detailing her for pics, have them up soon, this paricukar package only had supercharger, lg wheels, badges, and suspension, with hirrible lgmotorsports carbonfiber daah inlays that say zr28, and a white gauge overlay, with zr28 badges, no cool hood or spoiler like some of them
Mine had the spoiler on back Big olé bitch LOL and ground effects
Old 12-09-2012, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had a firend her ein Oklahoma that had one, it had Eiback springs, some sftermarket shocks , Borla cat-back, all the LG bolt-on stuff (160 stat, cold air kit, underdrive pulley, air foil, adj FPR, and Crane 1.6 rockers), Hurst shifter, rims, computer module (piggy back job). The car also had some suspension stuff besides the springs. It had a strut tower brace, lower control arms, DS Safety loop, tubular torque arm and panhard rod. All this and the ZR28 badges. My firend bought it used so we have no idea if it was all on it originally.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Launching!

added some pics, im really happy with this buy, after totaling my '01 Z28 2 weeks ago, I really thought I was gonna finance another 01-02 Z28/SS but I just couldnt pass up this car and for the price, i got money for MODDDDDS =) =) =) =) =)
Old 12-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Village Troll

If I'm not mistaken those are Enkei wheels.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SS RRR
If I'm not mistaken those are Enkei wheels.
They say G2 LG Motorsport on the center cap, then LG World Challenge down the side of one spoke, are they made by Enkei though?

Last edited by whiteNrude01; 12-09-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Launching!

Guess my next big question is: With the Powerdyne 4.5lb S/C should I got ahead and buy these "82-02 V8 Ford Racing 39 lb Hi-Flow Injectors" as my first mod, im a little nearvous driving this thing around force inducted on stock injectors and a hypertech box tune, tryin to get ahold of that LT1 guy Moe Baily here in texas, injectors+dyno tune seemed like the first things I should do
Old 12-09-2012, 07:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

^ I agree they look like enkie's.

Ditch them since they are fugly, get some black/polished lip 17/18 C5 deep dish wheels. I would lose the tacky badge as well but if its your style then go with it. The spoiler doesnt look to bad. I would put your mod money into first all fluids, fuel filter, plugs and wires, make sure all vac lines are good, get it running 100%. Do your dyno tune and injectors. Then get new wheels for it, then suspension. The engine sounds like it should be enough power for awhile. Thats just what I would do.

Looks like a clean car for 5600, and supercharged is a nice plus. Leather looks clean, white on tan is a nice combo I think.

Good luck with her, i think you did well on a low mile supercharged car!
Old 12-09-2012, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Nice Iv never seen oa zr28 before. She looks clean. Congrats bud
Old 12-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by trilkb
^ I agree they look like enkie's.

Ditch them since they are fugly, get some black/polished lip 17/18 C5 deep dish wheels. I would lose the tacky badge as well but if its your style then go with it. The spoiler doesnt look to bad. I would put your mod money into first all fluids, fuel filter, plugs and wires, make sure all vac lines are good, get it running 100%. Do your dyno tune and injectors. Then get new wheels for it, then suspension. The engine sounds like it should be enough power for awhile. Thats just what I would do.

Looks like a clean car for 5600, and supercharged is a nice plus. Leather looks clean, white on tan is a nice combo I think.

Good luck with her, i think you did well on a low mile supercharged car!
Thanks man, im not really digging the wheels either, they are part of this ZR28 package so I guess ill keep them in storage after i replace , and I was thinking about getting some custom badges ones from emblem pros made but keep the ZR28, since these ones scream Flannel Shirt and Nirvana lol...

Fluids are all brand new, car has service records and professional part installs stacked to the roof...previous owner only put 3k miles on it in 3 years, and it was garage kept..all new plugs, all new wires, all new ignition/electrical, new fuel pump, etc etc, yes it has stainless longtube headers, 3" ypipe, magnaflow catback, with a Cutout before the muffler.

With all these mods, im wondering if this thing is over 400rwhp with a good dyno tune+injectors? Im only familiar with LS1 motors =(
Old 12-09-2012, 07:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It was a tuner upgrade I just can not remember which one. I have some parts from them 15 years ago.

BTW if the wheels clean up they are worth more then the rest of the car

I wonder how many belts the SC has eaten inside so far
Old 12-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
It was a tuner upgrade I just can not remember which one. I have some parts from them 15 years ago.

BTW if the wheels clean up they are worth more then the rest of the car

I wonder how many belts the SC has eaten inside so far
lol. wheels worth more then the car huh? well, there basically mint with a couple pitting spots...so you want to buy them
Old 12-09-2012, 08:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

lol. wheels worth more then the car huh? well, there basically mint with a couple pitting spots...so you want to buy them
Your customers will be Road racers I have new wheels on my car again
Old 12-09-2012, 11:49 PM
TECH Resident

Pretty clean car! Hard to believe automax sold that without an extremely hefty markup. You pretty much lucked out and found the best lt1 for sale in the greater Ft.Hood Area.... I am sure you have seen the other examples.

Quick Reply: Just bought a 1995 Camaro "ZR28" ? *PICS ADDED*