LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

splayed caps

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 10:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fex77k
If you want to run well, cut out the weight.
Ill start eating salads and doing p90x heh heh. Nothing for major weight loss. Egr ac cruise just little things like that when I first got it
Old 12-22-2012, 12:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

weight certainly can help but look at what some of the b-body guys are doing. Most guys have things they could do better before they worry about cutting a lot out of the car. I mean sure throw the spare in the garage and stuff like that but save the elimination of comforts or safety till further down the line for a street car.

Look at hvyss his car is a little heavier than mine hydraulic cam stock castings 383 runs very low 11s NA 9s on a 175 shot. Even without cutting weight your car is going to be 500+lbs lighter, now his auto is a whole lot easier to drive than an M6 so I am not saying your weight advantage will make it easy for you to surpass that.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:45 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MoparChevZ28
Ill start eating salads and doing p90x heh heh. Nothing for major weight loss. Egr ac cruise just little things like that when I first got it
Every bit helps, its 100 percent reliable.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:15 PM
Staging Lane

I agree, but I also like my leather seats and my t tops lol. Other than that I wish I had crank windows and such. I love the idea of having a car that looks relatively stock minus the cage and is capable of tens. Speaking of cages I've been looking at the wolfe cages, not sure if I want to weld it to the floor or bolt it with two quarter inch pieces of steel and four grade 8 bolts. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 12-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
If you look around at what cars are doing NA or on the bottle I would have to agree that a aftermarket head stroker on a 150 shot should run 9s, if the driver still needs to gain experience and can't launch/row well enough I would still be looking for a MPH to show some power.

what are some decent setups for the juice for a 150new shot or so. I've heard horror stories about the lt1 intake and nitrous, but I just had mine ported and kinda do not want to have to get you a different one. Is it worth direct port for a 150 shot?
Old 12-23-2012, 12:05 PM
8 Second Club

For what you would a spend to plumb up a direct port a 150 would not be worth it. If you planned on moving up then definitely.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by fex77k
For what you would a spend to plumb up a direct port a 150 would not be worth it. If you planned on moving up then definitely.
That's what I figured, how do I keep an equal distribution of the naws throughout the cylinders
Old 12-24-2012, 04:14 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.

Originally Posted by MoparChevZ28
Just put in the word to my machine shop to have my lt1 splayed. Do you guys feel this is worth the 600 bucks for insurance on an 8000 dollar or so motor?
i have callies billet mains for sale. since they have already been align bored, you would probably only need a hone because they are already sized.

i also have studs to go with it. if interested lmk. 130 plus shipping takes the mains and studs.

oh and i believe in overkill! so it is definitely piece of mind!

a fogger is the ONLY way to distribute equally. and a plate is brain dead easy, but i would still rather spray 150 through a fogger than a plate, but that is only my .02

thanks
taner
Old 12-26-2012, 12:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by taner
i have callies billet mains for sale. since they have already been align bored, you would probably only need a hone because they are already sized.

i also have studs to go with it. if interested lmk. 130 plus shipping takes the mains and studs.

oh and i believe in overkill! so it is definitely piece of mind!

a fogger is the ONLY way to distribute equally. and a plate is brain dead easy, but i would still rather spray 150 through a fogger than a plate, but that is only my .02

thanks taner, I believe the shop already ordered the caps and studs unfortunately. With the fogger set up what am I looking at for the system and the plumbing?
taner
Thank you for you r

Quick Reply: splayed caps