LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

24x 355 on dyno

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 05:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wht97ws6ta
My Lord my phone is jacking around with me. Sorry about the triple post. Didn't want to post that at all.

Apparently my low power and high peak Rpm is concerning some people on here. I really dont care if sich and suches motor is x amount stronger than mine with a lower rpm. I dont care if your lt1 runs just fine on 250 psi of cyl pressure. Mine will not because im not wasting my time to go back in it to find out. I was just posting my results for the hell of it. It wasnt nothing to brag about because those arent big fat numbers to boast. If you dont like how i built it then lucky for you you wont have to drive it.
I believe they were trying to help you find more power. Ed is a well known tuner that can come across as a know it all becuase he knows alot. Its called constructive criticism. Don't post in a public fourm and expect no one to discuss ur combo. No one called it a pos. Most said it was decent with more room to grow.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:14 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I apologize if I sounded like a know it all. You mentioned a bigger TB if it were only worth one MPH in the 1/4 mile. I assumed you were interested in making it faster. Having moved cams around at the race track, and testing TBs at the track (I'm a bit of a test & tune freak) I can promise you putting the cam back where it belongs would get you much more than any throttle body. A tenth of a second or more is common from getting the cam where it belongs. I now do it with a Jessel belt drive, but used to do it with a 2 piece timing cover.

Good luck.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
I apologize if I sounded like a know it all. You mentioned a bigger TB if it were only worth one MPH in the 1/4 mile. I assumed you were interested in making it faster. Having moved cams around at the race track, and testing TBs at the track (I'm a bit of a test & tune freak) I can promise you putting the cam back where it belongs would get you much more than any throttle body. A tenth of a second or more is common from getting the cam where it belongs. I now do it with a Jessel belt drive, but used to do it with a 2 piece timing cover.

Good luck.
I didn't mean to sound like a *****. I know you guys are trying to help. With running street tires right now it is OK if the torque is a little soft. I'm learning to tune this thing myself. So with the learning curve I just preferred a bit of safety margin. If I do decide to move the cam back later its only a waterpump and Camsensor removal away and I can put a zero degree bushing back in.
I in no way meant for it to sound like you were a know it all. If you know anything about tuning pcms you prolly know more than me. I'm great with carbs and distributors because that's what I do everyday. Pcms are the same principle but a much more sophisticated way to get it done. Thanks for your advice and sorry if I came across as a ***** to anyone. Just know it won't upset me if my combo don't live up to someone else's.

Quick Reply: 24x 355 on dyno