LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

EVAP, EGR, AIR, ABS, delete question

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 04:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVAP, EGR, AIR, ABS, delete question

1993 Camaro Z28 5.7 LT1,
I am currently putting the manifold back on the engine with a new Holley tb, and I decided I wanted to get rid of EVAP while I was at it. I already deleted the EGR system and tossed the air pump when I installed Hooker headers. So here's my question...What do you do with the evap purge valve, egr sensor, plugs, etc. after the delete. I just left the egr one plugged in and zip tied it to the harness. Can I just remove those valves (or whatever they are) and not have any engine lights or computer issues. I am ordering a tune from PCMforless soon and having them delete that stuff so im not too worried about it, but want to know a little more about it. I would like to go as far as cutting those plugs out and even removing the unnecessary wiring from the harness. I am trying to clean up the engine bay and maybe do a slight wire tuck here and there. I also considering the ABS delete. If I do that, can I also just ditch those wires and plugs and so on? I know most the engine stuff but Im not to familar with the computers and sensors. Always makes me nervous messing with things i dont know really well.
Thanks for any input!
Old 04-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Teching In

anyone?
Old 04-20-2013, 05:22 PM
On The Tree

When i did my 24x conversion after i deleted what was not needed i removed all unessesary wires all the way from the PCM if they have been deleted on the pcm them the pcm wont read it anymore so you'll be ok if you remove all wires and valves that they run to just remember to plug up all vaccum lines

Quick Reply: EVAP, EGR, AIR, ABS, delete question